The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

A swing-arm VESA monitor mount from Monoprice. I held off for a long time because I had this idea they were expensive...$31 shipped isn't bad. :lol:

A lot of people have qualms about hanging a $200 monitor off of a $40 mount, but it all comes down to you paying more for options and the bearings (smoothness of the movement) and such of the arm.

The $700 TV in my living room is hanging off of a $35 wall mount I got at a thrift store.

:dunno:

Edited by Andrewr05

A lot of people have qualms about hanging a $200 monitor off of a $40 mount, but it all comes down to you paying more for options and the bearing and such of the arm.

$21 + shipping.

I'm not concerned with quality since it's Monoprice. I've never gotten anything crappy from them. :)

The GTI had so much low end torque

:lol: Slipping on paint...I don't know of any car that can't do that.

Yeah, from a stop with the wheels on the paint. Get a 10 foot start and then try to chirp then in any car without mashing the throttle.

Get a 10 foot start and then try to chirp then in any car without mashing the throttle.

There's nothing magical about the 200 lb/ft of torque in a GTI. If anything, it says a lot about the gearing and the tires.

Get a 10 foot start and then try to chirp then in any car without mashing the throttle.

There's nothing magical about the 200 lb/ft of torque in a GTI. If anything, it says a lot about the gearing and the tires.

295, I had an intake and tune on it.

8gSG5.png

While VW's 2.0T is a flexible engine, it's not so much the off-the-line torque as the fact that the chassis can't quite keep up. Front wheel drive and a turbo that spools just off idle is a combination for wheel spin.

While VW's 2.0T is a flexible engine, it's not so much the off-the-line torque as the fact that the chassis can't quite keep up. Front wheel drive and a turbo that spools just off idle is a combination for wheel spin.

Any reasonably powerful FWD car falls prey to this. My Cobalt would burn out shifting into 3rd gear at 60+ MPH if I hammered it. :lol:

My CC is traction limited at 200 lb/ft due to the gearing when I turn off stability control. Wet or dry. That same low level of torque makes it a dog when trying to feather the throttle while keeping up with traffic. Its great fun in the wet though.

Back on topic, I bought nothing today! Nope NADA. Tomorrow...another story...  

My CC is traction limited at 200 lb/ft due to the gearing when I turn off stability control. Wet or dry. That same low level of torque makes it a dog when trying to feather the throttle while keeping up with traffic. Its great fun in the wet though.

Back on topic, I bought nothing today! Nope NADA. Tomorrow...another story...

What cha buying?