The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Got a Crosman Break barrel.177 Cal. Pellet Gun. :)

I've been shooting rats in the barn with a .22 and Colibri ammo, but the sights suck in low light and the rifle doesn't like Colibris, it constantly misfires. There's a new sheriff in town now. ;)

I've got the Crossman Nitro venom break barrel in 22. Great rifle for varmint hunting, I love mine. It's also deadly accurate. Had a fun summer blasting brown anoles (aka lizards) in the back yard. They died instantly, a poorly placed shot would rip them into two pieces. A well placed shot would turn it into a fine red mist. Hollow points were nice but I transitioned to wadcutters after a couple shots.

I've been shooting rats in the barn with a .22 and Colibri ammo, but the sights suck in low light and the rifle doesn't like Colibris, it constantly misfires. There's a new sheriff in town now. ;)

I've got the Crossman Nitro venom break barrel in 22. Great rifle for varmint hunting, I love mine. It's also deadly accurate. Had a fun summer blasting brown anoles (aka lizards) in the back yard. They died instantly, a poorly placed shot would rip them into two pieces. A well placed shot would turn it into a fine red mist. Hollow points were nice but I transitioned to wadcutters after a couple shots.

I haven't tried it yet, I need to get it to the barn without Mrs. Phil detecting it.  For some strange reason she thinks I have too many guns. :)

Why did you switch to wadcutters?  I vacillated on that, wadcutters are really for target but I wondered if they wouldn't hit harder at short range which is the kind of shooting I'll be doing.

too many guns

Does not compute.

too many guns

Does not compute.
+1

What is this?

I know, right?  It's like trying to be a mechanic with only one size wrench.

I haven't tried it yet, I need to get it to the barn without Mrs. Phil detecting it. For some strange reason she thinks I have too many guns. :)

Why did you switch to wadcutters? I vacillated on that, wadcutters are really for target but I wondered if they wouldn't hit harder at short range which is the kind of shooting I'll be doing.

I was doing short range shooting and the main thing for me was having a pellet with a lot of surface area to strike with. A hollow point worked, but it wasn't the right tool for the job since the lizards are so small that it doesn't have time to turn inside out and do the damage it was designed to make. I tried wadcutters and they worked well. With rats You're probably better off with hollow points because they can deform and get huge due to the size of the animal.

too many guns

Does not compute.

too many guns

Does not compute.
+1

What is this?

I know, right?  It's like trying to be a mechanic with only one size wrench.

Got to have the right tool for the job!  :cheers:

Power rack

Olympic bar

Curl bar

245lbs iron plates

Two 45lb bumper plates

Weight bench

Weight lifting belt

All this for $400 on craigslist :)

Now I need to clean out my garage so it's not such a mess...

post-52562-0-68609200-1395369547_thumb.jpg

post-52562-0-47786800-1395369557_thumb.jpg

Power rack

Olympic bar

Curl bar

245lbs iron plates

Two 45lb bumper plates

Weight bench

Weight lifting belt

All this for $400 on craigslist :)

Now I need to clean out my garage so it's not such a mess...

RcqTY.png