The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

I've never been a fan of stingers, especially on a V8. A raspy magnaflow, now that's another story.  :wub:

Why are they so quiet?

Clueless you are young padawan.

Dunno about the Corvette, but on the Mustang, all they really did was give it a different sound. Power gains were the same as other exhausts.

Dunno about the Corvette, but on the Mustang, all they really did was give it a different sound. Power gains were the same as other exhausts.

It's an exhaust -- what do you expect? Straight-through mufflers with large enough piping are all pretty similar in terms of power and sound.

The exhaust is done not so much for the sound but to provide the basis for upstream power enhancements. The fact that it sounds better is a by product of the design and construction.  Installing power adders and improvements to the intake side are for nil if you dont open up the exhaust.

I think that Borla system sounds bad ass.   

The exhaust is done not so much for the sound but to provide the basis for upstream power enhancements. The fact that it sounds better is a by product of the design and construction.  Installing power adders and improvements to the intake side are for nil if you dont open up the exhaust.

I think that Borla system sounds bad ass.   

It's the exact car I'm buying. :) TTS long tubes, an x-pipe (of which I have no clue on the brand), and the quad-tip Borla Stingers. Subtle it is not...and the exhaust work really opened up the rest of the mod work. :lol:

It's like buying my own car back though with all the work done to it that I had my hands dirty with. I can't wait! :woo:

On the opposite side - I absolutely hate the way my Miata sounds but I'm not going to change the exhaust since it's optimized for the motor.

It's an exhaust -- what do you expect? Straight-through mufflers with large enough piping are all pretty similar in terms of power and sound.

I didn't expect anything, I just thought you meant you were getting the Borla exhaust, not the car. Most people I know hate the sound, so I was thinking they might have some magical power gain over a better sounding exhaust, which would have motivated you to go for the stingers.

Stingers for a Miata? :lol: Why would I post a video of a C5 with them if I was getting them for my car? :P

But yeah, I don't like the way the Miata sounds currently but I won't change it because it's full straight-through now with 2.5" pipes header-back. I'll try and get a vid at some point...the local car groups seem to think it sounds good but I hate it. :lol:

EDIT: Here's the car I'm buying very shortly btw (it's the one from the video above):

333652_10151167260420559_1610124828_o.jp

If you're buying used generally from $15k to $25k depending on condition/miles/year. Insurance would murder you regardless.

Also, you could just make your Z not a terrible car for a lot less money. :lol:

If you're buying used generally from $15k to $25k depending on condition/miles/year. Insurance would murder you regardless.

Also, you could just make your Z not a terrible car for a lot less money. :lol:

They're still pretty pricey, but that's expected with a corvette.

The worst thing is the AC, honestly, but I don't want to dump $2,000 on AC, I'd rather buy a second car that has it. I'm thinking either a fox mustang or the first gen SN-95s.