The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Its all the poor tuning he does on it!

At its worst the built 289 in my old 66 mustang never got worse than 13mpg. On its worst day! It averages around 18-19 mpg  

I don't do any tuning though. I even brought it to a reputable shop that specializes in classic muscle (since I have a Holley carb, they were a good fit), and I got a lot more power, but no more gas mileage. :(

Got to learn to do it and then tune it up. The Holley card can be tuned so many ways its not funny. They get the correct jets in it? Set the float level? Put the correct power valve in the primary side? Check the needle and seat for bleed through? Tune the idle circuit? Set up the secondaries and how soon they open? Check for vacuum leaks? Throttle opening and Idle speed?  All a bunch of things that can help fuel economy with that holley carb. . 

Got to learn to do it and then tune it up. The Holley card can be tuned so many ways its not funny. They get the correct jets in it? Set the float level? Put the correct power valve in the primary side? Check the needle and seat for bleed through? Tune the idle circuit? Set up the secondaries and how soon they open? Check for vacuum leaks? Throttle opening and Idle speed?  All a bunch of things that can help fuel economy with that holley carb. . 

Not too sure what they did, I was so high on pills right after getting four wisdom teeth pulled out when I took the car and brought it back. I'm know for sure they didn't change the jets, and I do know it makes a big difference. Everything else, no idea - my primary focus was getting back to bed when I went to pick up the car. I started looking at basic Holley carb tuning procedures and it seemed really complicated so I just brought the car and had someone else do it, it's way past my level of expertise for now. Guess its time to learn so I can fix this 11 mpg nightmare. 

Edited by Onion

I  just bought a nexus 4 which should be here by the end of the week.

Enjoy it, I had it for a few weeks as a loaner from T-Mobile, it was great. 

Going to though it coast me around $300 from the play store, I'm getting it activated on straight talk so unlimited everything for $50s a month under AT&T towers. I hear theres a way to enable LTE on it also.