The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Your tower? or a suv/truck. :)

Definitely not a truck, the 555s are a high performance summer tire, I used to run them on the Mustang. They're expensive, but so damn grippy. I might get them for the Z since all tires are cheap in that size.

Not anywhere near as expensive as the Pilot Sport PS2s that were on said vehicle before. :P

I loved the 555s on my Cobalt after I got used to the softer sidewalls (they're somewhat dodgy in turns compared to the Hankook V12s and Pirellis I had on the car before). I will love them on the new car as well I'm sure. :)

Not anywhere near as expensive as the Pilot Sport PS2s that were on said vehicle before. :P

I loved the 555s on my Cobalt after I got used to the softer sidewalls (they're somewhat dodgy in turns compared to the Hankook V12s and Pirellis I had on the car before). I will love them on the new car as well I'm sure. :)

You mentioned Pirelli, were they the P-Zero (or the P-Zero Nero?) I absolutely hate those. I had them on the GTI - the wet traction is terrible and they wear really fast. I don't know if you've looked at them, but the Continental ExtremeContact DW are really good, last quite a while, have insane wet traction (couldn't get them to hydroplane at 80 on the highway), and are pretty cheap. If the Nittos are too expensive, they're probably what I'll put next on the Z considering they only cost about $60 per tire in my size. 

Just bought 6 new spark plugs for the Z. NGKs to replace the fouled (and shitty) ACDelco plugs that were in there. That should probably get rid of my top end misfire and maybe gain a little POWAAAAAH. 

Edited by Onion

They were the P-Zero Rossos. $250 a pop in the size the Cobalt had. I liked them well enough, but the Hankook's were better in every way and cost less than half as much.

They were the P-Zero Rossos. $250 a pop in the size the Cobalt had. I liked them well enough, but the Hankook's were better in every way and cost less than half as much.

So, what car are the Nittos for? ;)

He announced it on OCC of Facebook not too long ago, but I don't remember what he said he was 'looking into'.

He announced it on OCC of Facebook not too long ago, but I don't remember what he said he was 'looking into'.

No longer have Facebook, sooooo... 

Something with about 4x the power of the Miata. :P

Something with about 4x the power of the Miata. :P

That's so vague. My minivan has almost that much. :lol: