The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Urethane mounts and bushings aren't too bad. I've never experienced delrin, so I can't speak for that. I will say that the reason my car rides like crap isn't because of the mounts and bushings. :lol:

I've never experienced delrin, so I can't speak for that.

Its basically the Parmesan/Asiago of synthetics whereas basic rubber bushing material is like mozarella.
It's more like comparing titanium to a pillow. There's no comparison. :lol:

Its basically the Parmesan/Asiago of synthetics whereas basic rubber bushing material is like mozarella.

I'm sure you could compare a nice tempurpedic bed with plenty of pillows to getting assaulted by a gang. :P

Edited by Onion

I'm sure you could compare a nice tempurpedic bed with plenty of pillows to getting assaulted by a gang. :P

only in your mind!

You're trying too hard. :lol:

Seriously though - Delrin mounts suck. They're pretty close in terms of the headaches induced to solid aluminum mounts.

Everything in the car will rattle. My freakin' hood visibly shook ~1" up and down at idle and low RPM. The hum at 3500 RPM was unbearable.

In comparison the Mazda racing mounts are the most tame, comfortable, and quiet engine mounts in the world...and people don't like them because they're "too harsh". :lol:

Seriously though - Delrin mounts suck. They're pretty close in terms of the headaches induced to solid aluminum mounts.

Everything in the car will rattle. My freakin' hood visibly shook ~1" up and down at idle and low RPM. The hum at 3500 RPM was unbearable.

In comparison the Mazda racing mounts are the most tame, comfortable, and quiet engine mounts in the world...and people don't like them because they're "too harsh". :lol:

Headaches you say? You mean my cam that makes my entire car rattle and my exhaust that's so loud that I can't hold a conversation without my voice going hoarse? Side note, my hood shook on the mustang, too. That thing was a rattle trap, though. :lol: But, why all of this? Because race car! 

A7i9SPwCUAAtj_S.jpg

But hey, I'm as satisfied as ever with my purchase and madly in love with my car. The neighbor kids that my brother hangs out with always are like "WHOAH, THAT'S YOUR BOTHER'S?! WE HEAR IT FIRE UP SOMETIMES, ITS A BEAST!" That, the thumbs ups, the smiles, all the conversations started by it, and the pure joy of driving it and feeling connected to the car because it has no driver assists makes it so worth it. I want another Z now.  :lol:

On topic, I got more stuff in the mail. More connectors to continue refreshing my electrical system and prevent it from lighting ablaze again, new rubber crap to replace all the old cracked stuff, mounting hardware for my harnesses, and my long awaited Schroth harness gets here soon. :D Can't wait to strap down in the Corbeaus and see how it feels. 

Edited by Onion

I tweaked my timing so that whenever I let off the throttle I shoot huge flames out the exhaust. Nobody around here cares...but nobody tailgates me any more either. :D

I tweaked my timing so that whenever I let off the throttle I shoot huge flames out the exhaust. Nobody around here cares...but nobody tailgates me any more either. :D

Note to self: Stay at least two car lengths away from Waco at all times.

:pics:

Though i'd settle for a vid.

Mine backfires hard and sounds like a 9mm being fired if I suddenly let off the gas, but it doesn't blow flames. However, I'm not sure that's a bad thing, lol.

BLAH BLAH WORDS...

A7i9SPwCUAAtj_S.jpg

I must laugh because this pictures is clearly from a Clemson autocross --