The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

slightly panic buying the harder to find components while they are available. I'm good on components to last me til the end of summer. By then things should die down a bit.

The ammo boxes are just plastic storage containers. Sure wish they came with ammo lol.

Edited by iluvstrats2

no kidding lol been thinking of picking a few up myself and if the FFL dealer I bought my gun from would come down on his reload price I would then need them. Tonight he wnt $470 for 1250 rounds of 9mm 115 grain hardball type ammo, so he is $0.05 higher then the range rounds I bought last friday from H&H shooting sports in oklahoma city.

Dang. Plated 9mm cost me 16 cents a piece to load right now. When berrysmfg.com had them in stock on their website it was 13.7 cents to load. In store 250 count packs pushed it up to 16 cents a round.

My federal hydroshock was $25 for 20 or I could have bought PMJ I believe was the brand of hollow points for $25 for 50 but decided to stick with the better ammo and higher price

Its all just supply and demand with a bit of hysteria about the supply.

I think you're right, conspiracy theories notwithstanding.  I can't wait for a return to sanity, but I expect there will be a "new normal" with prices permanantly higher.

Fortunately I can wait it out, I did some serious provisioning pre shortage.  :D

Edited by Phil

I think you're right, conspiracy theories notwithstanding.  I can't wait for a return to sanity, but I expect there will be a "new normal" with prices permanantly higher.

Same thing with everything else unfortunately, we were all paying $4.00+ gas a few years back, now its sooo cheap $3.45...

CQTMS :pfp:

Fortunately I can wait it out, I did some serious provisioning pre shortage.

I wish I had, I dont presonally have all that much ammo anymore. Family members do but their stock is slowly dwindling too...

One more comp motor mount for the Miata...but got 2. Dealer thanked me for calling about the extra one and told me to keep it.

Smooth doesn't even begin to describe how the car feels now. The solid Delrin mounts were unbearable. :lol:

I know the feeling.  I bought RK Sport motor mounts for the Z24, and they have urethane bushings in them.  I know every little noise and vibration that engine makes!  It's in there rock solid though, it doesn't even budge when it shifts hard.

One more comp motor mount for the Miata...but got 2. Dealer thanked me for calling about the extra one and told me to keep it.

Smooth doesn't even begin to describe how the car feels now. The solid Delrin mounts were unbearable. :lol:

I know the feeling. I bought RK Sport motor mounts for the Z24, and they have urethane bushings in them. I know every little noise and vibration that engine makes! It's in there rock solid though, it doesn't even budge when it shifts hard.
Urethane mounts are bad at all. I had them along with urethane granny mounts in my Cobalt and they were great.

Delrin mounts are just torture. :lol: