The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Hey, maybe you'll finally hit triple digit horsepower ratings. :P

Lol

Though I'm pretty sure hes over a hundred unless theres something terribly wrong with his engine.

:teehee:

Maybe at the flywheel...not at the wheels right now though. :)

I thought I was being a smartass, but wow, that's... Not a lot.

Lol

Though I'm pretty sure hes over a hundred unless theres something terribly wrong with his engine.

Hmmm, I guess it is a nearly 20 year old engine.

:/

My Datsun's still got more. :D 

Lol

Hmmm, I guess it is a nearly 20 year old engine.

:/

Normal at the wheels is mid 90s or so stock in good condition. I'm shooting for 110 or so. I'm going to try and get it dyno'd before and after.

Wow... 90? Wow. :( I thought they had a lot more than that, and it certainly feels like it (I've driven two Miatas). 

Normal at the wheels is mid 90s or so stock in good condition.

Bleh

For some reason I was thinking their rated power was to the wheels.

AFAIK, the power ratings are always to the flywheel. 

In other news, I purchased a mint and restored 1972 Datsun 240Z! 20k miles on the clock. Previous owner had it since '92. 

2b9xA.jpg

2b9y1.jpg

2b9yu.jpg

2b9yT.jpg

Did you actually buy it this time? You've "bought" like 5 cars since the Mustang. :cheers:

But yeah...stock 1.6 Miatas only put about 90 HP or so to the wheels. Only having to push around 2000 pounds helps quite a bit. :tongue:

Aha, that makes sense as well.

Makes me wonder about all the cars driving around with thousands of dollars of bolt-ons with now ECU mods. 

It depends on the car but with only 1.6 liters of displacement and a computer from the late 80s...there's a lot lost in modding "old" cars with the stock ECU.

they dont run well and because they run lean they start smoking and using oil.... but they think they are fast...

That'd be my car right now - minus the oil usage. It's definitely lean in mid-range RPM but it gets amazing gas mileage. :lol:

I put another deposit on it and when the bank opens on Monday, I'll actually buy it lol. 

And no, not five. One mustang was a maybe, and was dropped for a 260z, which ended up being owned by a scammer. This is number three and I'll actually have this lol. 

Also the Datsun only weighs like 2400 lbs and makes about 180 horse, stock. 

Is it this model ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_S30#240Z

If so, then it made 151HP when it was bought which was over 40 years ago and did 0-60 in 8 seconds

Dammit Onion you should've stayed with that Golf GTI and just spend money modifying it  :tongue:

If so, then it made 151HP when it was bought which was over 40 years ago and did 0-60 in 8 seconds

Dammit Onion you should've stayed with that Golf GTI and just spend money modifying it :tongue:

0-60 time is off, a 240z keeps up with a 350z in a straight line. (YouTube it) Why should I have kept the gti?

If so, then it made 151HP when it was bought which was over 40 years ago and did 0-60 in 8 seconds

Dammit Onion you should've stayed with that Golf GTI and just spend money modifying it :tongue:

0-60 time is off, a 240z keeps up with a 350z in a straight line. Why should I have kept the gti?            

You get your 0-60 times off Youtube videos where you have no idea if the car is truly stock or not ? :lol:

And I highly doubt a 40 year old 240Z keeps up with a stock 5.5 second car in the form of a 3.5L 350Z with traction control..

You should've kept the GTI because now due to your lust for speed and powerful track cars you have ended up with a 40 year old Datsun :lol: 

Onion you go through cars like I go through hardware lol

Edited by Midnight Rider