The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Just bought a used i7 920 D0 + EVGA E758 for $180.

Now I'm going to sidegrade my gf's rig. Looks like it'll be an all Intel CPU house... which sucks, because I started with the Phenom II x3 720BE's 3-4 years ago. AMD just couldn't keep up. :(

Just bought a used i7 920 D0 + EVGA E758 for $180.

Now I'm going to sidegrade my gf's rig. Looks like it'll be an all Intel CPU house... which sucks, because I started with the Phenom II x3 720BE's 3-4 years ago. AMD just couldn't keep up. :(

Your first real machine was only a few years ago? :blink: I thought you were a bit older than that. :P

Your first real machine was only a few years ago? :blink: I thought you were a bit older than that. :P

Heh, well, in 2008 when I moved to Boston with $400 in my pocket, all I had was the public library. Then when I got a job, the company went under, and they let us keep the workstation laptops. That lasted for a year until I started building desktops again. :P

2 of these today....Thanks to Jon for picking them up and sending them to me :)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3860496&CatId=4324

hope they arent loud....

had a PSU pop when I flipped the switch on for the first time... not sure what popped but it booted and old rig fine.... bought a new one but its LOUD... started out quiet but 5 minutes int he BIOS and the fan went LOUD....cant handle that at all...

Strange that the fan sticks out. Is it a thick fan or just a regular sized fan?

It's a micro ATX format PSU instead of an ATX format PSU.

ULT40276-callout002-im.jpg

If that link shows.