The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

The day you see me underclock my computer is the day you'll see me be ok with loss of power in any car. :lol:

Most of the miles are highway miles, and it's going up for sale soon. I'd rather not create any possible problems before I get rid of it lol.

Just bought a 2gb stick of ram for my eeeeeeeeeeeepc. lol. Guess that means I'll be selling the 1gb stick here soon :D

Do you like your eee-PC panda? I almost got one, but i couldnt get over the single core part of it, plus it doesnt support virtualization!!(I use it for labs with microsoft certs)

I ended up getting a decent Ultra-portable laptop, its alittle bigger at 13.3" but its got a AMD NEO dual-core which is beastly and dedicated ATI 5430 video card! Still gets great battery life in the 6+ hour range depending on if im just surfing the web or typing up a document, less if im watching videos and whatnot though.

Consider how much the car cost. Don't spend that much money on a car and put cheap gas in it to save 5 bucks.

Meh, I generally don't worry about stuff like that. When moneys tight it's tight.

The only thing I have ever put premium in everytime are my motorcycles as they are air cooled bikes and they run serious compression and make lots of power. An extra buck is ok with me if I know that my bike will just feel nice under me.

I totally get what you are saying though.

The day you see me underclock my computer is the day you'll see me be ok with loss of power in any car. :lol:

Most of the miles are highway miles, and it's going up for sale soon. I'd rather not create any possible problems before I get rid of it lol.

Don't be a tool, car companies love people like you. You will notice a ten percent drop in horsepower like you would notice a 100mhz drop in clock speed :erm:

Chances are the only reason they say Premium only is in order to get the horsepower rating they wanted they had to do it on premium. I bet it would run fine on regular and get near equal mileage if not the same.

Edited by gabrieltessin

The only way to know if a car designed for premium will run OK on regular is to try it. Some will do fine, others will have serious detonation issues especially in hilly terrain. It's not about power loss, it's about driveability.

As was previously stated, this car's going bye bye very soon. I'm not going to try something and hope nothing happens right before selling it. :rolleyes:

If there was a 10% drop in my CPU's horsepower, you would feel it, the same way you would feel a 10% drop in horsepower. Going from 4 ghz to 3.6 ghz makes a pretty big difference...

Remember when building a rig, how everyone always told you to never skimp out on a PSU? Same goes for a car. Use a crappy PSU, you'll have blue screens and whatnot. Use crappy fuel, you'll have knocking and pinging.

Edited by l33t p1mp

20 Pounds of black aquarium gravel

$15 worth of artificial plants

Two pounds of aquarium salt

Aaaand... my first cooler. Working with individuals in pre-vocational skills, I have to bring a lunch box to the factory.

Soon, a fishing pole, line, and a lure. Iowa DNR gives facilities that work with disabled people a free unlimited fishing license every year. I shall make sure it goes to good use :D.

Also soon, more martial arts lessons. Had an individual have three separate behaviors in the course of an hour. Ever been hit in the face by a toaster? Not fun. This same individual also dented a large frying pan when he hit another staff in the head with it. 5/16" steel. Yeah.

As was previously stated, this car's going bye bye very soon. I'm not going to try something and hope nothing happens right before selling it. :rolleyes:

If there was a 10% drop in my CPU's horsepower, you would feel it, the same way you would feel a 10% drop in horsepower. Going from 4 ghz to 3.6 ghz makes a pretty big difference...

Remember when building a rig, how everyone always told you to never skimp out on a PSU? Same goes for a car. Use a crappy PSU, you'll have blue screens and whatnot. Use crappy fuel, you'll have knocking and pinging.

Agreed about the fuel - my car runs like SHHHHIIIIT with anything below 89 octane. With 87 it pings like crazy and even with 89 it runs pretty crappy. I run 93 constantly to avoid this.

I highly doubt you'd notice the difference between 3.6 and 4 GHz unless you were benchmarking though. :P

Edited by Waco

8 GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1600 from Newegg. $60 shipped. :)

G.SKILL-Sniper-F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR-8GB-4GBx2-DDR3-RAM-650x487.jpg

I don't need it *just* yet but I want to get an AM3+ board whenever they show up in quantity online. :)

• Like 1

ASRock 890FX DELUXE5

890FX%20Deluxe5(m).jpg

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition

amd-phenom-ii-x6-1090t-black-edition-thuban-3-2ghz-6mb-cache-socket-am3-six-core-desktop-processor.jpg

My 775 parts will be up for sale shortly - a guaranteed 3.5 GHz OC assuming you can deal with the heat it makes. I have a Megahalems that just needs some fans to sell with it too. :)