The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Hi there Raider, dont know if u remember me, but hi there just the same. The box containing the card was already sitting just inside the gate when I made my post lol. I am now in the process of removing the old drivers, removing my uber modded 8800GTX, and its watercooling components.

Ya I remember ya. I wasn't too active at all at the Street there for awhile, now I come back and it's all different lol. atm i'm trying to decide if I wanna add a waterblock for the gtx260 to the order i'm about to make at Petra's. Also may need a new psu since i'm gonna still be using my current 8800gtx as a physics card. I dunno tho i'm gonna give the ole Corsair 620 a shot at it and if it boots i'll monitor the wattage it uses and see if it comes close to pushing the Corsair's limits.

WOW, I mean, WOOOOOOW, man this card is sweet. I got FC2 on max settings with 8x AA, Vsync. It plays smooth, my old 8800GTX, modded and oc'd to max is wimpy compared to this card. The rub of it all is that when I bought my GTX, it was almost 500 bucks.

heh....good to hear. Makes me look even more forward to getting mine. I feel ya on the 500 bucks part. Mine was $650 iirc when I got my 8800gtx ( I splurged for the top of the line eVGA model). It's lasted me...damn there almost 2 years tho and could last me longer...but you know how it goes, it was payday and i had the money just sitting in the bank, bills are all paid this month and got more than enough for next months bills....lol

Yah, thats how it goes man, I did not even need to upgrade yet, not just yet anyways, I still could play games with the GTX fairly well, lol. Buuuuut......I got my vacation money on the first of Dec. and I offered my wife a Guchi bag she wanted but she declined the offer, he he he. Soooo, I got the card instead. Now, what the heck am I suppose to do with the GTX, LOL.