The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I lost 3x TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 3TB HDDs last month. Warranty process had its ups and downs. The bad stuff: No replacement drives in stock and RMA tracker stating closed status instead of accepted or denied. The good stuff: The site doesn't mention anything about packaging requirements. I just sent them a bare drive (no ESD bag) in a USPS small flat rate box with newspaper lol. They gave me ~$190 per HDD when I only purchased them for $80-90 each. So it help fund my server upgrade. Their site said it would take 7-8 weeks, but it only took 2 weeks to get the cards once they received my HDDs.

Supermicro 3U CSE-836BE16-R920B 16 Bay Hotswap - $189.75 shipped

3x Toshiba X300 5 TB HDDs - $121 each on Jet.com with discounts.

All paid by Toshiba Warranty. Who knew that losing 3x 3 TB would earn you enough money to buy 3x 5 TB and a hotswap chassis. My plan is to slowly swap out the remaining 6x 3 TBs for 5 TBs.

Edited by WhenKittensATK
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Recently bought Amazon Prime ($100/year) plus Amazon Fire TV ($100) for 4K streaming on my TV which meant I needed a new monitor for my computer so I also bought an Acer XB280HK for $422 brand new in box which is way cheaper than I could find anywhere else...got it today and am amazed how much better a monitor is over a TV as a display just sucks they cost so much more for such a smaller display

Edited by MadMan

• 2 months later...

I bought this a few weeks ago.  For reasons I don't know I haven't taken any other pics of it except this crappy pic of the ad before I went to go look at it but it'll have to do for now.  I sold my last truck since I was supposed to deploy awhile back.  Deployment ended up getting cancelled but I had already sold the truck.  Doh.  Anyways I finally got tired of not having a truck and couldn't pass this up.  The motor and transmission works fine it just needs ball joints, a leaf spring and an exhaust leak fixed in order to pass inspection.  Ball joints are already done and I already pulled a leaf spring from Pick and Pull to replace the one that has two cracked leaves.  The exhaust I'll probably just have a muffler shop do.  It would cost about the same as some Ebay exhaust kit and I won't have to deal with it.  The cat is old and probably clogged up so I'm just going to yank the "dual pipes" (it's not a true dual) and yank the cat and have new pipe and the same glass pack put back on and dump it behind the rear passenger tire.  I'm also redoing most of the brake hardware, inner and outer TREs, leaf spring bushings and also the leaf spring mounts since they're pretty rusty.  Later on I also plan on putting in new fuel pumps since the rear tank is INOP and the front doesn't read correctly lower than a quarter tank.  Also replacing the oil pan gasket since it leaks pretty bad.  It's becoming a small money pit but once all that stuff is done it should last me for quite awhile.

'93 F150 2wd extended cab short bed

5.0 V8/4spd auto

VZM_IMG_20161201_220425.jpg

I also picked these up for an amazing price that I couldn't pass up so this old beat up truck is going to have leather, power and heated seats lol.  They're out of a 2014 F150 and basically unused.

FB_IMG_1481580120554.jpg

HP Z620 workstation with 2x E5-2660s (8 cores 16 threads each clocked at 2.2 GHz and turboed up to 3.0 GHz), 96 GB of DDR3 ECC ram, and a quadro 4000 GPU. Storage is just a couple old SSDs for now, but I'll have some HGST 4 TB drives in there soon. Kicking up the home network a couple notches and using this bad boy (paired with ESXi) as a file server, plex server, seedbox, webhost (love the gigabit fiber at home), domain controller, and much more! The majority of these services were running on my desktop PC and prevented me from doing any gaming for quite some time. 

c2d6605897.png

cef725b8d3.png

Edited by Onion