The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Should be... you putting it on the Miata?

I like those and the FAST controllers... not sure which one I'll use if i turbo my truck or just hack the stock ECU (Speed Density)

The full ECU is replaced - not just the fuel injection part.

Anyway - it'll be fun! :D

Therefore, I was right. I wasn't wrong in saying it was a fuel injection controller. :P 

Hey, maybe you'll finally hit triple digit horsepower ratings. :P

Lol

Though I'm pretty sure hes over a hundred unless theres something terribly wrong with his engine.

:tongue:  :teehee:

Lol

Though I'm pretty sure hes over a hundred unless theres something terribly wrong with his engine.

:tongue: :teehee:

Maybe at the flywheel...not at the wheels right now though. :lol: Should be over 100 easily assuming I put the computer together correctly and tune it well. :)

Lol

Though I'm pretty sure hes over a hundred unless theres something terribly wrong with his engine.

:teehee:

Maybe at the flywheel...not at the wheels right now though. :)

Hmmm, I guess it is a nearly 20 year old engine.

:/

Lol

:teehee:

Maybe at the flywheel...not at the wheels right now though. :)

Hmmm, I guess it is a nearly 20 year old engine.

:/

Normal at the wheels is mid 90s or so stock in good condition. I'm shooting for 110 or so. I'm going to try and get it dyno'd before and after.

Just bought.... a "screw your life and your truck in 5 minutes kit"

Bought a kit to replace the cv axle boot on my truck and proceeded to tear the old one off only to discover a heck of a lot of mud and grease and that i hadn't a clue what i was doing. The mechanic and the instructions devoted all of 5 words to this step "clean the old grease out"...... so 2 hours later i think its clean, but the kit is missing the solvent to weld the boot.... yay! Store is closed till monday, i have to be at work at 6 tomorrow and monday.....

If anyone can tell if weld solvent is the same thing as pvc cement i would be grateful.

Bleh

For some reason I was thinking their rated power was to the wheels.

I wish. :lol: 115 HP, 100 TQ at the flywheel. Roughly 90 HP at the wheels is normal.

I should have more power than that but the stock ECU doesn't really like my exhaust or intake modifications as it runs a bit funny from 3k through around 5k RPM (too lean I believe).

I should pick up 15+ HP just by tuning it properly with the new ECU and removing the stock airflow meter. If I get more I'll be overjoyed...going from 90 HP to over 100 is a big deal on a 2000 pound car. :lol:

Also bought - Delrin engine mounts, new timing belt pulleys, and an alternator belt. Because race car.

I should have more power than that but the stock ECU doesn't really like my exhaust or intake modifications as it runs a bit funny from 3k through around 5k RPM (too lean I believe).

Aha, that makes sense as well.

Makes me wonder about all the cars driving around with thousands of dollars of bolt-ons with now ECU mods.