The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

What made you choose the GT over the other Elantra models? I've been trying to decide between the Coupe and GT, but can't figure out which would be the better option. Curious to hear why you picked it.

Both have the same engines. GT is a 5 door hatch (very practical), whereas the coupe is just a 2 door coupe, which could probably get annoying if you've got stuff (or people) to haul. I've got the best of both worlds, a 3 door hatch GTI. If it were me, I'd be choosing the Elantra GT. Oh, and the Elantra GT doesn't even weigh 60 lbs more than the coupe. Being a pretty light car, it'll hit 60 in 7 seconds, which is damn good for a 1.8 making only 148 horse.

Edited by l33t p1mp

got my Speedlink Styx Gaming Mouse Silver in today so now i can play guildwars 2 decently xD i hate to tap 1 or clicking on my skills so i just bind 2 skills on the extra buttons i get from this mouse and i am set to go!

*go plays guild wars 2*

Edited by WarWeeny

What made you choose the GT over the other Elantra models? I've been trying to decide between the Coupe and GT, but can't figure out which would be the better option. Curious to hear why you picked it.

Family proof. Plus

Im always luggin stuff around and the surefire had a small trunk so 2x4's would be sticking out the back or if we go camping the cooler would be in the back seat as its to big to fit in the trunk. Also 2 doors are a pain in the ass when you got friends in the back or if your in a parking lot trying to get out. The doors are huge.

Both have the same engines. GT is a 5 door hatch (very practical), whereas the coupe is just a 2 door coupe, which could probably get annoying if you've got stuff (or people) to haul. I've got the best of both worlds, a 3 door hatch GTI. If it were me, I'd be choosing the Elantra GT. Oh, and the Elantra GT doesn't even weigh 60 lbs more than the coupe. Being a pretty light car, it'll hit 60 in 7 seconds, which is damn good for a 1.8 making only 148 horse.

:withstupid:

For a little 1.8 its got PEP. Plus you got the shiftronic transmissions so it feels like its got more power because i make the turbo sound when i shift it. HAHA :biggrin:

Congrats man. :cheers:

You could put springs on it (depends how low you'd like to go) and get a small drop to make it look better and handle a bit better too.

THANKS.

My brother has a Golf Mk4 and he has a drop of 1.6" he hits everything on the road out here, as our roads are SHIT. More pot holes then roads sometimes. This is why SUVs are so popular out here because they just driver over everything.

So as much as i would love to drop it, its not worth it really.

Family proof. Plus

Im always luggin stuff around and the surefire had a small trunk so 2x4's would be sticking out the back or if we go camping the cooler would be in the back seat as its to big to fit in the trunk. Also 2 doors are a pain in the ass when you got friends in the back or if your in a parking lot trying to get out. The doors are huge.

All of that makes sense. I have a sedan now and would certainly like the extra space of a 5 door. Thanks for the info!

nobody is happy for me about my awsome gaming mouse? :C

*go plays guildwars 2 with a sad panda face*

I hadn't heard of that mouse before. Is it made for MMOs?

Congratulations for your new gaming mouse :teehee:

there there, was that so hard? xD

@ bp9801

nah just a cheap gaming mouse of 23 euro's but i just wanted some attention xD

@ l33t, wierd price for a double cheeseburger :S

why not make it 140 its the same price you pay for it and it sounds more logical too :P

Edited by WarWeeny