The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

So you have no tools, a bad back, and no past experience with this...but you're going to do a full tube frame from scratch?

Methinks this won't end well. :lol:

Like I said, in December, during the BREAK. I.E at home, where I actually have tools, a place to work, time, and help from friends (welders, body shops, etc).

In other news, I drove an 03 Miata with a 5 speed today. I had a blast. :lol:

Edited by l33t p1mp

What made you decide on a Crown Vic? Don't tell me you're going to make it look like a police cruiser like one of those douches that thinks it's cool.

If you want a 4 door car like that i'd take a ~96 Impala over a Crown Vic.

Edited by Coors

What made you decide on a Crown Vic? Don't tell me you're going to make it look like a police cruiser like one of those douches that thinks it's cool.

If you want a 4 door car like that i'd take a ~96 Impala over a Crown Vic.

Its not going to be a crown vic. I like the crown vic because I can take the body off of the car, be left with a frame, and then build it up from there with a simple tubular frame. Maybe some sort of retarded new school rat rod project or something. :lol:

Also, yes, I agree, if I wanted a 4 door car, I'd go for the 96 Impala as well, but its hard to find a non-ghetto one. They can be made to go pretty quick, too.

0802gm_20_z+2007_issca_nationals+.jpg

Edited by l33t p1mp

It took me 6 months to do a back half on my Oldsmobile. With a 10 point roll cage.

Bought a bottle of Orange Juice at the local Casey's store.

Were you working at it every day?

Were you working at it every day?

Pretty close. It was in my Dads garage. We wanted to get it done properly. But in a garage to save some cash.

Plus we removed the floorboard from behind the front seats to the rear.

Widened the rear wheel wells for the 33" tires.

And buying the parts needed as we went along. The engine took over a month to get from Mondello's.

Plus a couple weeks for the trans parts to arrive. Plus the TCI converter.

I suck at welding frame rails and the cage. So I had to get someone that knew how to weld frame and cage properly. And have it pass NHRA teck.

Wells racing in Arlington helped out.

Action Transmission in Arlington helped out.

Super Shops Helped as well. Was on Blanding Blvd. They Went belly up many years ago.