kingdingeling

The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

You may have to wait 21 days to place your pre-order if you're waiting for Paypal to release your funds :)

I have enough rep now that the money is available instantly. :)

Some private universities in the United States cost more than $2350 per month. It isn't unheard of.

Some public ones as well if you're paying out of state rates.

Also - $730 a month for high school? Wow.

Yip, I go to one of the top schools in SA :) They prepare you well for 1st year Uni so that you dont drop out like public school students

I'd think that would have to do more with being lazy or not than if you went to a private or public school :dunno:

Some public ones as well if you're paying out of state rates.

$730 a month for high school isn't even that high. I worked it out, and my high school was $100 a day. I think tuition was around 35,000-40,000 a year.

$730 a month for high school isn't even that high. I worked it out, and my high school was $100 a day. I think tuition was around 35,000-40,000 a year.

That is just stupid...

That is just stupid...

That's one of the cheapest private schools in Miami. There's no other choice here anymore, public education is so terrible. Every year I was doing worse and worse in public school, no matter how hard I worked. For example, one time i had a private math tutor, I was great in math, but I was still getting F's on my math exams. My parents had a conference with the teacher. Turns out she's been failing me for no reason, all my answers were right. After finding that 3-4 exams were supposed to be A's but instead were D's and F's, she took away the papers, threw them in a drawer, and kicked us out of the class. A friend of mine in that private school had the same math teacher in public school, and she did the same thing to him. Then you still have the problem of having 40-50 students per class, and an underpaid teacher that doesn't give a damn. I went from a 2.6 GPA in public while working my butt off to a 4.4 GPA senior year in private by working hard, but not as hard. Had I not gone to private school, I'd probably be going to a community college.

/rant

That's one of the cheapest private schools in Miami. There's no other choice here anymore, public education is so terrible. Every year I was doing worse and worse in public school, no matter how hard I worked. For example, one time i had a private math tutor, I was great in math, but I was still getting F's on my math exams. My parents had a conference with the teacher. Turns out she's been failing me for no reason, all my answers were right. After finding that 3-4 exams were supposed to be A's but instead were D's and F's, she took away the papers, threw them in a drawer, and kicked us out of the class. A friend of mine in that private school had the same math teacher in public school, and she did the same thing to him. Then you still have the problem of having 40-50 students per class, and an underpaid teacher that doesn't give a damn. I went from a 2.6 GPA in public while working my butt off to a 4.4 GPA senior year in private by working hard, but not as hard. Had I not gone to private school, I'd probably be going to a community college.

/rant

Some how I don't believe all this...

I went to a pretty crappy HS and did just fine. I worked hard, taught myself things I didn't understand in class and found the people and professors who could answer my questions. Spending almost double what I pay for college for HS is ridiculous. I won't have even spend that much when I graduate this December for 4.5 years of College -- with a year of out of state pay. Paying that money for high school is a joke. End of story.

I learned nothing from High School (public school). I learned how to ace tests without studying, and getting A's by copying answers directly from the textbooks in 10 minutes. Only Math, Chemistry, and Physics was difficult, because you actually knew how to think rather than memorize answers.

In College, the TA's gave lectures almost more than the actual professors. The lectures were pretty much exactly what the textbooks went over (which you were supposed to read before you went to lecture). The biggest waste of time and money I ever spent for a year before I dropped out and joined the Navy.

There were some great classes and professors in college, don't get me wrong, but I can learn in two weeks just studying on my own and passing exams with the overpriced textbook than taking 14 weeks and thousands of dollars for "credit".

At any rate, all people are different. Some people just prefer being scholars and being a waiter at a restaurant while having 7 bachelor degrees and 2 masters degrees, while some people work doing some pretty cool stuff with just a high school diploma.

Some how I don't believe all this...

I went to a pretty crappy HS and did just fine. I worked hard, taught myself things I didn't understand in class and found the people and professors who could answer my questions. Spending almost double what I pay for college for HS is ridiculous. I won't have even spend that much when I graduate this December for 4.5 years of College -- with a year of out of state pay. Paying that money for high school is a joke. End of story.

You're more than welcome to come to Miami, I'll give you a tour and show you the schools. Oh, and bring Waco, we have a score to settle with the Miata. :lol:

You're more than welcome to come to Miami, I'll give you a tour and show you the schools. Oh, and bring Waco, we have a score to settle with the Miata. :lol:

$160,000 for a high school diploma would sound more crazy to you if you had to pay it yourself. :lol:

And sure - we can do laps at Sebring. I'd enjoy watching you spin through the corkscrew every time around. :D

$160,000 for a high school diploma would sound more crazy to you if you had to pay it yourself. :lol:

And sure - we can do laps at Sebring. I'd enjoy watching you spin through the corkscrew every time around. :D

I only spent 1.5 years in private school, so it ran my parents about $60,000.

My Mustang club buddies all ran at Sebring, I'm sure they'd like to eat some Miatas. It's a pretty high speed track, are you sure that little 4 pot can handle it? :teehee:

Back on topic...

$220 for a full year parking permit for college.

$2000 for the first semester of tuition and fees. Somehow I just got a second random $1000 scholarship, so I saved $500 this semester. Yay. :D