The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Did you get the underdrive pulleys that fit the 5.4 or the 4.6? Are they the same?

I don't think it's the same pulleys. I've got a late model (late '01-'04) 4.6 v8. The pulleys are different for the '96-early '01 4.6 v8. The pulleys I'm getting are for the right engine, I've made sure of that. :lol:

I don't think it's the same pulleys. I've got a late model (late '01-'04) 4.6 v8. The pulleys are different for the '96-early '01 4.6 v8. The pulleys I'm getting are for the right engine, I've made sure of that. :lol:

I though you said it was a 5.4 swap? :dunno:

Your car is confusing. :lol:

I guess I just bought a air filter and airflow sensor adapter. I'm going to build a cold air intake (that actually pulls in cold air!). :lol:

I though you said it was a 5.4 swap? :dunno:

Your car is confusing. :lol:

I guess I just bought a air filter and airflow sensor adapter. I'm going to build a cold air intake (that actually pulls in cold air!). :lol:

Long story, the guy swapped the engine, the 5.4 and 4.6 are nearly identical, at first glance I thought it was a 5.4, I did a bit more research, and it's just a newer 4.6. I have yet to find out if it's a 2v, 3v, or 4v though, since I didn't do that much research yet. The first hint that the engine wasn't the one that came with the car is that the MAF adapter (interesting coincidence, eh?) doesn't fit perfectly and was adapted to the intake the guy put on the car. It works just fine, but it's just not the right part. :lol:

Be careful with your homemade CAI, I'd hate to see a R.I.P Miata thread, or a "I hydro-locked the Miata" thread lmao.

Edited by Onion

I'm going to pull from the high-pressure area below the windshield washers. There's zero danger of sucking in water. :lol:

As for your engine - I hope it's not a crappy motor. You could pull the valve cover to figure out the heads though.

I'm going to pull from the high-pressure area below the windshield washers. There's zero danger of sucking in water. :lol:

As for your engine - I hope it's not a crappy motor. You could pull the valve cover to figure out the heads though.

I doubt it is, the owner builds race engines for a living. :lol: I'm gonna do it later today when I finish this econ paper. F*cking 20 pages...

I thought you already graduated and did finals? :wacko:

Another long story. I went to a .tty private school that was very poorly organized. However, it was very cheap. Public school is no longer an option in Miami, they're atrocious. My smallest class had 35 students and a teacher who didn't make us do any work. However, my tiny .tty private school "forgot" to make me write this paper for my AP credit. :mfp: I can't wait to go to college and have a normal life...

:lol: College isn't any more organized. Don't set your hopes too high. :P

It's a hell of a lot better than a school with 20 students and 4 teachers.

Actually that'd be pretty awesome. :lol:

It was great at first, but trust me, it's hell on earth. I did get a 4.4 GPA this year though. :lol: