The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Rosewill Challenger case. Finally retiring this Chieftec Dragon case I had since 2005.

It looks like a pretty nice case full of features for only $50 shipped.

Internals are carbon copies of the NZXT Gamma, but I think it has more GPU room. Based on this picture of a GTX 580 installed (10.5") it has at least another 0.5" to 1" left of space without having to remove the 3.5" cage.

Not entirely sure about the NZXT Gamma in terms of GPU space longer than 10.5".

=====

Next item to upgrade is probably Video card, but won't be until a few more months. Depending on how GPU intensive Red Orchestra 2 is.

Edited by Krazyxazn

$98.50 total for this case upgrade (just ordered the 4x fans and fan controller)

$50 Shipped for Rosewill Challenger Case

$26 Shipped for 4x Scythe Slipstream 120mm Fan (110.31 CFM /// 37 dBA)

$22.50 Shiped for Sunbeam 4 Port Rheobus Fan Controller

Ha a few days ago, I was like I got this sudden amount of extra cash but nothing to spend it on :D Now I need to holster my buy now finger until August for a video card.

VHT Night Shades, clear lacquer, sealant... more parts for the tiger. haha... she's almost done. Few more days. At least got to turn over the engine today -- :D

What? No tail. :whoa:

Rosewill Challenger case. Finally retiring this Chieftec Dragon case I had since 2005.

It looks like a pretty nice case full of features for only $50 shipped.

Internals are carbon copies of the NZXT Gamma, but I think it has more GPU room. Based on this picture of a GTX 580 installed (10.5") it has at least another 0.5" to 1" left of space without having to remove the 3.5" cage.

Not entirely sure about the NZXT Gamma in terms of GPU space longer than 10.5".

=====

Next item to upgrade is probably Video card, but won't be until a few more months. Depending on how GPU intensive Red Orchestra 2 is.

NZXT Gamma has a ton of video card room. Having used both cases before... I like the Gamma better because its normally $10 cheaper. But otherwise they are strikingly similar cases in size and quality.