kingdingeling

The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

So far, 130 dollars for four books for the fall semester. I have still have thirteen more books to get. Yes, that makes seventeen total. :(

Wow, I don't know if I bought 17 books in the 5 years I was in college. It helped that I knew people that had taken classes before me and that all my roommates were the same major.

Wow, I don't know if I bought 17 books in the 5 years I was in college. It helped that I knew people that had taken classes before me and that all my roommates were the same major.

Thats the joy of being a history major. I may not have to buy all seventeen, it depends on how many of the six for one class we actually need. The other classes well, I know one class will require all four. The other class that requires four I don't have till Tuesday so I may not need them all. We shall see.

Thats the joy of being a history major. I may not have to buy all seventeen, it depends on how many of the six for one class we actually need. The other classes well, I know one class will require all four. The other class that requires four I don't have till Tuesday so I may not need them all. We shall see.

True that. From one history major to another I can understand the pain. One semester I had about 10 books for just ONE class. Luckily most of them weren't text-style books so I didn't have to bend over and spread my cheeks when I got to the checkout counter. Another bad thing about being a history major is I usually end up keeping all of my books and adding them to my collection, especially those from the classes I actually found interesting.

True that. From one history major to another I can understand the pain. One semester I had about 10 books for just ONE class. Luckily most of them weren't text-style books so I didn't have to bend over and spread my cheeks when I got to the checkout counter. Another bad thing about being a history major is I usually end up keeping all of my books and adding them to my collection, especially those from the classes I actually found interesting.

Yeah, I've kept a few books so far. One I had to because it fell apart. :lol: Ten books for one class sounds brutal, though I can see that being true eventually for me because of one teacher. The last class I had with him required four books and it was an online only class. Have him again this semester and he requires six books for a class that meets once a week on campus. What joy.

That is the bad thing about engineering. We don't buy many books, but they are all expensive.

Also, just bought a silver 2010 Toyota Corolla and an insurance policy. I got a great deal on both. :bow:

That is the bad thing about engineering. We don't buy many books, but they are all expensive.

Also, just bought a silver 2010 Toyota Corolla and an insurance policy. I got a great deal on both. :bow:

Yeah, my brother is an architectural engineer and I remember him telling me one of his books was like 200 bucks. :lol: Hell, I looked at his book about how to build a bridge and it was all equations, what good is that? :P

Sweet deal on the car, the recent model Corollas are pretty nice. Good mileage too.

3 more books that weren't on my too buy list for class -- ugh. This semester is going to be "fun" :P I'm not going to see my OCC friends so much. :(