The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Went back to Lowes to get the steel we needed for the car. Took back a pedal/shift boot combo from Walmart that didn't fit properly.

Another full tank of gas for the Mustang. $55

This thing is getting expensive!

New serpentine belt - $35

Steeda underdrive pulleys - $200

Corbeau seat bracket (ordering the seat soon) - $100

Subframe braces (weld on) - $170

I need to go buy some front bulbs for the turn signals. I've got white bulbs and a transparent cover. I need orange bulbs. Idk what the previous owner was thinking...

Edited by Onion

Psh. You should fab your own brackets like BP and I are doing for the Miata. :D

Those underdrive pulleys should give you a good 10-15 HP but your AC is gonna suck at idle. :lol:

Psh. You should fab your own brackets like BP and I are doing for the Miata. :D

Those underdrive pulleys should give you a good 10-15 HP but your AC is gonna suck. :lol:

I'd fab them, but I don't have the tools or the knowledge, but I do have the money. :lol:

As for the AC, it's not a big deal. I usually don't use it since I almost always have the windows down. I was even thinking of removing the whole AC system. That crap weighs like 100 pounds!

I'm very excited for the suspension and brake work though. I might be doing it this coming weekend after I go visit the steeda HQ in Pompano Beach (1.5 hours from my house).

Edited by Onion

Why the obsession with Steeda parts? There are a lot more aftermarket parts that are a lot cheaper for similar quality.

If you go to a brick and mortar store and make friends with the people, they're willing to give you some good prices. Steeda makes some good parts, too. For example, Steeda underdrive pulleys are better than BBK underdrive pulleys because Steeda specializes in Mustangs and BBK doesn't.

Also, shipping costs make the price difference worth it in some cases. I'd rather buy subframe braces from a brick and mortar store rather than online because shipping makes up for the price difference.

Edited by Onion

Underdrive pulleys are underdrive pulleys. :P No-name branded pulleys work just as well. I just don't like the dollar-to-HP ratio of the name brand stuff for parts like that.

Underdrive pulleys are underdrive pulleys. :P No-name branded pulleys work just as well. I just don't like the dollar-to-HP ratio of the name brand stuff for parts like that.

Steeda underdrive pullies come with a calibrated counterweight, where the bbk cheaper ones do not. You have to bolt up your old couterweight to the bbk pullies. Old and new parts don't mix very well, and they don't put down as much power as the Steeda option. I'd rather spend the extra fifty bucks and do it right.

I've had enough experience with "you get what you pay for". Especially with knives. If you want to do it right, it's not going to be by cheaping out on things. I don't really trust no-brand pulleys. Other parts, maybe, but not pulleys.

Edited by Onion

Eh, I don't consider them high-risk parts, but I know what you mean.

I kind of thought they would be. Same reason why you don't cheap out on serpentine belts. Not like they're expensive though.