The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

What do you average? I get 25 if i drive like an idiot constantly in my Cobalt. 36 HWY if I'm nice though. :P

I would expect the GTI would be similar.

Is your cobalt the 2.0L turbo, or another model? I peak at like 32 on the highway, and I get like 12 if I drive like an idiot. WOT is 3 mpg, which is disappointing lol.

It's not thirsty.. your foot is thirsty for speed and your wallet has to pay for it. tongue.gif

That's partly true. :P It doesn't get as good highway mileage as my BMW 745i, which peaked in the high 30's. Usually I got around 35 on road trips.

You guys and your tiny cars... I had to put $55.75 in my Fusion's gas tank! To be fair though, it has a big gas tank and i questioned if i even had fumes left when i filled up!

Next car I get I won't be allowed to complain about gas because that's pretty much why I'm getting it... thumbsup3.gif

Is your cobalt the 2.0L turbo, or another model? I peak at like 32 on the highway, and I get like 12 if I drive like an idiot. WOT is 3 mpg, which is disappointing lol

It's the supercharged 2.0L. Not too bad as long as I don't drive full throttle all the time. :lol:

The tiny car is a temporary car. I had to sell the BMW 745i because it was costing a fortune in gas and maintenance. My dad bought a VW GTI for the family to hold off until I get my own car when I go to uni in a couple months.

By the way, a chipped GTI (stage 1) is pretty damn fast for the size and price.

Edited by l33t p1mp

What I'd the cost per liter of fuel in the states?

My dads old pos was eating up $70-80 at the pump and it's tank is only 55L

Per gallon it's between $3.25 and $3.78 here in FL. Don't know what that is in liters though. It costs me about $60-68 to fill up.

My BMW 745i had an 88 liter tank, which cost me about 90 dollars to fill completely. I filled it up weekly.

So you guys are sitting pretty around the $1 per liter mark......

Screw you, I hate you all :lol: price is most often 1.30-1.40 per liter. Sometimes it can go up towards a 1.50 (public holidays, long weekends basically when people will be making long trips to the beach or something) and then when you see it below a 1.30 you jump on it.

Dad was refilling every week but a work fuel card ment it was alright. Also got himself a new car and is traveling twice as far for only a slightly larger tank.

Per gallon it's between $3.25 and $3.78 here in FL. Don't know what that is in liters though. It costs me about $60-68 to fill up.

Stop living in the dark ages what is this imperial system?

There is acollection of SI units which use the metric bloody system so hurry the hell up and fall inline with the rest of the world.

The US is all that special, sure as hell not as special as it thinks it is :P

Also that there is less than a filler to a dolled you pay per liter.

Cannot remember the last time I saw fuel under a dollar per liter. Or even close to a dollar.

Cannot remember the last time I saw fuel under a dollar per liter. Or even close to a dollar.

I paid $3.69 a gallon for 93 Octane last week - so that's $0.975 per liter.