Sign in to follow this  
Squinzianera

Intel Or Amd?

Anyone else think it isn't a great idea to go along the "installing OSX on a PC" route for someone without much experience?

Personally, if you are really set on using Final Cut, I would just suck it up and get the best Mac you can afford. I wouldn't want to be fiddling around installing OSX on hardware I'd picked out myself (unless someone can reassure me that it is straight forward and uncomplicated).

Either that, or use PC compatible video editing software and stick with Windows.

In which case, some of the advice you have already received on component selection would be helpful.

Though I would be happy to list what I think would get the job done as well.

At least it seems you are certain on the task you want to achieve. :)

If there is anything else you want to be able to do then please mention it.

Anyone else think it isn't a great idea to go along the "installing OSX on a PC" route for someone without much experience?

Personally, if you are really set on using Final Cut, I would just suck it up and get the best Mac you can afford. I wouldn't want to be fiddling around installing OSX on hardware I'd picked out myself (unless someone can reassure me that it is straight forward and uncomplicated).

Either that, or use PC compatible video editing software and stick with Windows.

In which case, some of the advice you have already received on component selection would be helpful.

Though I would be happy to list what I think would get the job done as well.

At least it seems you are certain on the task you want to achieve. :)

If there is anything else you want to be able to do then please mention it.

I would say that it would certainly require a lot more research on that person's part if they are relatively uneducated about software in general (and Squinzianera is probably not very well-informed about the ins and outs of operating systems) but it is possible and not overly hard in most cases. However, Final Cut is definitely not the last word in video editing and I'm sure there are other good video editing programs out there (Camtasia, while being ~$100 more expensive than Final Cut Express, comes to mind).

Edited by nasa geek

looks good but what is a Vigor Monsoon, I've never heard of one of those coolers (and am too lazy to go look it up lol)

Thank you for pointing that out. I looked up at the Monsoon

From what I have read that PC Pwer & Cooling psu is a very awesome unit, and I was doing some searching around and the DOA issue on those psu's is caused by mishandling during shipping ie UPS dropping, throwing kicking or whatever they do to packages, I've received items from them that I was surprised they were still in the box <_< . Do you play any other games or just second life? Because like previously posted that system is way overkill for that game.

Yes, you're right, even if it's time consuming I should do that.. :rolleyes:

I was hoping to buy everything at newegg but it doesn