Sign in to follow this  
guzzidom

Well, to cut a long story short I managed to Ebay the internals from my current rig and a 6600GT I had knocking around and also managed to raise an extra

An e8400 is amazing, especially vs. a 6000x2........the e8400 blows it out of the water, great pick. Looks like a good board, too.

The hardest thing about the P5Q range of boards is the sheer variety of them, it's a nightmare trying to work out which one features what, however the chip set is the same so it ends up being a case of working out what you don't need and eliminating it until you get to the board you need, I don't need Crossfire, so that ruled out the Deluxe, I don't need Wi-Fi, so that got rid of the "Pro", I don't need a bundle of useless peripherals so that rules out...etc, there's about ten different flavors...but they all overclock well and have solid Japanese capacitors etc.

I did want the E8500 but finances dictated the E8400 and it should clock up just about as well anyway.