Tried X58, Core I7

Has anyone tried the new x58 platform yet?

Its been out almost a week here and there has aready been a $150 price drop of the Core i7 Extreme.

I won't have mine till next Monday... I'll let you know

I thought it wasn't supposed to come out until Nov 17Th.. Has been released early for some reason. I am going to wait for the EVGA x58 board to come out before buying.. What are others planned setups?

We will prob move our testbeds to it after Jan but we are going to see what AMD does here in two weeks. I am not holding my breath on them to do anything serious. I have two reviewers that have the 965 but I think we will settle on the 940 when we make the move.

I thought it wasn't supposed to come out until Nov 17Th.. Has been released early for some reason. I am going to wait for the EVGA x58 board to come out before buying.. What are others planned setups?

It's available for pre order on some websites already

We will prob move our testbeds to it after Jan but we are going to see what AMD does here in two weeks. I am not holding my breath on them to do anything serious. I have two reviewers that have the 965 but I think we will settle on the 940 when we make the move.

Yeah... I'm also seeing what AMD will do... My next rig will very well be one of these Core i7's tho.

AMD better make a beast of a chip, a CPU so good you'll be smoking a cigarrete after benchmarking it all night. If Intel gets complacent that would be a dlsaster.

Back on topic though, Im not gonna upgrade until games utilize more than a dual core. Ahem, REALLY back on topic, from what I read, the only people who are gonna benefit from core i7 are video editors and compressors and yadda yadda yadda most of you already know.

Now with the new cpu's its real confusing to is it worth to go from 775 to i7 cpus. Its hard to tell which is faster like 775 cpus rated at 3.0 ghz and i7 are rated at 2.66ghz and you dont know the clock cycle. And isn't the cpu run directly through ram not northbridge or something like that. Imagine oc those i7's and pumping to much voltage in them good bye cpu good bye ram :( only prob i c with these cpu's oh yeh and price :( 700 for cheapest one rofl whos gunna pay that and mobo 500 aussie dollars though