Downgrading From Vista 64 Bit To Xp 64bit

carinae

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I like Vista, and it runs fine...

Seriously please pay attention to those posts. It means absolutely that Vista works fo rpeople on here that are running high end systems that are configured JUST LIKE OR NEARLY LIKE YOURS.. It can work well when the rest of the system is not having problems. that means Your system is having problems! not the OS.

what the OS is doing is having a Heart attack because the rest of the HARDWARE is either not updated properly, not configured properly, or otherwise not being driven properly. go back and reinstall vista for a clean slate. then get sp1 installed, then go get the recent drivers from the part manufacturer websites. do what the senior experienced people on this site have said please. and then come back and tell us if you still have a problem. knee-jerk reactions never solve anything. I can tell you that personally, as my boss keeps making things worse and worse.

Edited by robAP

Well obviously ITS NOT WORKING GOOD HERE so stop saying that.

And bldegle2 I REINSTALLED VISTA already, think I already posted that 2 times.

How I tested components? Simply looked on the internet for the propper temperatures and voltages and cheked them through EVEREST.

The GPU (9800GX2) is running on 100% fanspeed so no problems there, it doesn't artifact and it delivers very nice framerates.

Anyway thanks for all the help I don't wan't to start a Vista vs. XP fight because that won't bring is anywhere, i'll have my XP 64 bit in a couple of days.

Edited by carinae

It's not working because you aren't spending any time to figure out what's wrong.

I look forwards to your posts when you attempt to get XP 64 going and realize that not only are the drivers a pain in the . but your card will be slower as well (in addition to losing the DX10 performance enhancements in the latest games).

Clearly you're doing something wrong but you just won't admit it. That's fine, but don't expect anyone to listen when you blame the OS.

I've been running Xp x64 for a bit over a year now and couldn't be happier. Providing you have newish hardware that all has 64 bit drivers available Id say go for it. Alot of people complained about the drivers when it first came out because there wasnt much that had 64 bit drivers. I have not had any trouble getting drivers for mine and it works great. Also general windows tasks feel much faster and resonsive and to be honest its the most stable OS ive ever had. I used my brothers Compaq with Vista and I decided to pass, Ill wait for windows 7.

Edited by troy5061

And bldegle2 I REINSTALLED VISTA already, think I already posted that 2 times.

How I tested components? Simply looked on the internet for the propper temperatures and voltages and cheked them through EVEREST.

The GPU (9800GX2) is running on 100% fanspeed so no problems there, it doesn't artifact and it delivers very nice framerates.

Anyway thanks for all the help I don't wan't to start a Vista vs. XP fight because that won't bring is anywhere, i'll have my XP 64 bit in a couple of days.

Oh...my...those certainly are ROBUST testing techniques :rolleyes:

I was going to help out the user in a friendly way and try to be in depth when explaining but after reading his last post I have come to the assumption that the user is just a troll , shocker i know :rolleyes:

1. He just joined to make a thread saying "Vista sucks, XP all the way" (basically)

2. Users, in a respectful, manner try to help out (well respectful in the beginning)

3. OP ignores all the posts

4. He is in denial that his expensive hardware is not the problem, and the only evidence he uses is that XP worked on his previous rig (which were completely different specs)

5. I can bet you anything he will come back in a week ressurect this pointless thread saying "har har har it worked with XP everything is fine now i win you lose"

carinae if you were not in denial and actually tired to find the problem and cooperate with us you would not be getting the response you are at the moment.

If you talk to us like how you are now (with an attitude fit for a troll), you will get a worse response.

Anyways I suggest we just ignore this thread, honestly its going no where.

Jezus christ you guys are .ing retarted go back to your caves or something...

I'm out of here. :glare:

...says the guy that can't seem to get his computer working properly to the people trying to help him.

he is gone,

but this speaks volumes

"And bldegle2 I REINSTALLED VISTA already, think I already posted that 2 times.

How I tested components? Simply looked on the internet for the propper temperatures and voltages and cheked them through EVEREST."

LOL, I guess checking the net for proper temps and voltages downloading Everest and checking said WAS THE STRESS TEST.

To the OP, dude, you never tried or mentioned you tried anything in an effort to isolate the problem....multiple choice to follow

a>expected a miracle and kinda copped a 'tude

b>omitted until the 2nd to last postage that NO STRESS testing nor proper driver removal and reinstall were done....

c>leaves miffed because people are on his case when all they were doing is finding out what had already been done in an effort to help resolve the problem....obviously not much

d>maybe a troll as mentioned

e>young kid with nothing to do in his cave

f>all of the above

Maybe he will come back after the XP64bit install.....I got everything to work in the 64bit XP, but I also had to do some research and I had a couple of items that had no drivers for XP64bit, Vista 64bit had them....judging from the OP and his testing habits, he may find XP64bit no easier than Vista 64bit was..............

Darn, I just checked his other postages RE his overclockage and ram settings problems, kinda the same thing, not much information to asked questions, posted rig specs once but never made a sig as requested...kinda ignored suggestions, he does have ramski that requires a bump in the bios to get it to work OCZ Reapers, defaults to 1.5, needs 1.75 to run properly on his board....sounds like more of the same....

and he is a youngin....

Here's hoping..

laterzzz..................

Edited by bldegle2