Which one applies to you?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which one applies to you?

• Read the books before seeing the movies
    • Read the books, but haven't seen any of the movies
    • Read the books after seeing the movies
    • Never read the books, just saw the movies
    • I'm not cool enough to do either

There's been a lot of talk about LotR, so i just wanted to see where everybody stood on it.

To make the correct choice above, think of it as any of the books, and any of the movies...like if you haven't yet seen the third installment. You can elaborate more below if necessary.

Some people complain about the movies being long or drawnout, and one can only assume those people haven't read the books, so that's sort of what i want to know here. I've read all the books (including The Hobbit) before any of the movies came out, and I thought the movies were great, and wouldn't have minded if they were 4 hours each. Drawnout my .. LotR is my favorite novel AND favorite movie. :)

Some people complain about the movies being long or drawnout, and one can only assume those people haven't read the books, so that's sort of what i want to know here. I've read all the books (including The Hobbit) before any of the movies came out, and I thought the movies were great, and wouldn't have minded if they were 4 hours each. Drawnout my .. LotR is my favorite novel AND favorite movie. :)

Have you read the books after hobbit and lotr, I think my friend who read those said there was others as well (i.e. like a book about the elves, then another about middle earth..Am I right?)

Have you read the books after hobbit and lotr, I think my friend who read those said there was others as well (i.e. like a book about the elves, then another about middle earth..Am I right?)

Yeah, the book about the creation of middle earth is called Silmarillion. I forget what the book about the elves is called. No i haven't read them, though we have them. My friend said they're really boring cause it's not a story, it's just endless describing. Hobbit and LotR are the stories of middle earth. The rest can be considered like a "history lesson". I haven't had the desire to read 'em. Maybe some day. shrug

I read "the Hobbit" for year 11 English Literature studies when I was back in school, just after covering Romeo & Juliet and more of the Hobbit remains. :)

People complain about the movies being long, they're condensed compared to the books, that's why if you read the trilogy first you'll get more out of the experience.

Hey D3 how did you find the Silmarillion.?

Edited by tazwegion