Is Dead Space A Good Game?

InCrYsIs

I just started playing this game last night and so far it's pretty good. I find the background and ambient sounds to be really good. It's not that scary as of yet but it is pretty creepy. The limb attacks are a great idea and the on body health and ammo meters are cool. The map kinda sucks but it is cool how you can easily back track.

I give it 8.5/10

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dead space is great but really its made for the consoles, i plugged in my 360 controller and i felt emerged. its a great way to test games if they are ports of not. Farcry 2 and Dead space seem to be the most effected in a good way with a game controller.

I just finished Dead Space. I played it on my PC with a 360 controller. I found the controller was a lot more intuitive then trying got use the keyboard and mouse. The game looked good and ran real smooth. Some of it was repetitive but I still enjoyed it. Story in it is a little weak, but then again most games are these days. It did have a unexpected twist near the end that made me wonder how it would end. Overall I enjoyed it and I might even play it again in impossible mode :) My first play through was done on medium.

Some of my deaths looked pretty cool :)

dead space is great but really its made for the consoles, i plugged in my 360 controller and i felt emerged. its a great way to test games if they are ports of not. Farcry 2 and Dead space seem to be the most effected in a good way with a game controller.

I hate playing games on PC with a controller. The PC controls are okay. I know a lot of people have been complaining about them. Lackadaisical, how long did it take you to get through it?

I hate playing games on PC with a controller. The PC controls are okay. I know a lot of people have been complaining about them. Lackadaisical, how long did it take you to get through it?

Took me 9 1/2 hours on medium difficulty.

I have to say i really enjoyed it and have almost played through again. It was awesome for what it was. There was one part that almost gave me a heart attack, it only happens once in the whole game a girl screams really loud. I had my home theater system cranked and it was quite unsettling.

I actually got this game(ps3) for my brother but hes not sure if he wants it or not. I read a tons of reviews saying its awesome and I'm trying to convince him to open it and not return it.

I for one will probably pick it up when the price drops cuz I love games like this. I was thinking of reinstalling doom3 to get my fix again. (btw fear was amazing go get it out of a bargain bin if you haven't played it yet.(dam that little girl made me crap myself every time she appeared))