Hdtv Monitor Cut Off Heads @ Top & Cut Off News Crawl @ Bottom

I need some help with my new Acer AL2223W Widescreen HDLCD Display Monitor 22" flat panel active-matrix TFTLCD (too much info), I am using windows vista 32 media center and when I play LIVE TV I get top and bottom of screen cut off. I know it's got to be something simple but I can't find out how to fix it, please help me.

I'm new and my system is Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 1.866G, 4G (4x1024M) OCZ26671024, BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT OC2 512MB PCIe, (2) ST3500630AS (Barracuda 7200.10), Vista Home Premium

Edited by charlesworth39

Are you watching channels that are 4:3 or 16:9?

it's got to be 4:3 to decapitate people...

my various TV cards have all done the opposite and shunted 4:3 broadcasts into that horrible rotated letterbox look with black borders at the side. amazingly i've never had one that let me resize the image, which is especially annoying when almost everything i watch has small black borders at both the top, bottom and sides regardless of aspect ratio.

problems like that have basically put me off ever buying a new TV card, or at least tempthing me to shell out for a high quality one (if such a TV card exists!).

my various TV cards have all done the opposite and shunted 4:3 broadcasts into that horrible rotated letterbox look with black borders at the side. amazingly i've never had one that let me resize the image, which is especially annoying when almost everything i watch has small black borders at both the top, bottom and sides regardless of aspect ratio.

I'd rather see it in square pixel than have it stretched any day :lol:

I'd rather see it in square pixel than have it stretched any day :lol:

i know what you mean, but it's awful watching video in an 800x600 window on a 1680x1050 screen. the biggest annoyance was when it would incorrectly detect the ratio, and having no way to correct it. also, AFAIK it's not possible to display 4:3 or 16:9 with perfect pixel ratios on a 16:10 screen...

that said this is SDTV we're talking about here, it looks like . on an LCD however it's displayed! i'd much rather be watching a big blur than a small one.

Edited by psycho_terror