Big Trouble Some Please Explain Coz Right Now Iono What To Do

D@3HaM1nGuK

I know what it is! the TJ max in Real temp is set to 72c when it should be 95c. Change that and all should be well. Good luck. :typing:

WOW... kool thanks man!!! it works... ok real temp is up now and coretemp is out^^ thankx alot!!

Just making a side note here, but, you can optimize that voltage WAY more than that. I'm running a 3.8Ghz OC on that same chip with a MUCH lower voltage. :blink:

what voltage are u running at? coz i started at the max stock voltage which was 1.325v and then increase it by the smallest amount i could and did prime95 test after i change the voltage everytime it failed till i got to that 1.38v that lasted for 8 hours so i left it there....

WOW... kool thanks man!!! it works... ok real temp is up now and coretemp is out^^ thankx alot!!

what voltage are u running at? coz i started at the max stock voltage which was 1.325v and then increase it by the smallest amount i could and did prime95 test after i change the voltage everytime it failed till i got to that 1.38v that lasted for 8 hours so i left it there....

I have my e8400 Running at 3.8GHz as well. I have my voltage set at 1.40v in the bios, but it says 1.312v in CPU-Z. so what are you measuring your voltage from? I believe that is the cause of lots of confusion when people compare core voltages. so what are you measuring your 1.38v from?

I also have an E8400 @ 3.8GHz and even though in bios it says 1.3875V its shows as 1.36 in windows. Maybe different boards read correctly. I dunno, but I like mine right where its at just fine.

Well, lol, with my e8400, I have it at the stock 3.0Ghz with a voltage of 0.975V in the BIOS and in CPU-Z it's reading as 0.944V. That's a stable 24/7 stock clock. OC'ed to 3.8Ghz I have the voltage at 1.1875V in the BIOS and 1.152V in CPU-Z. Also a stable 24/7 overclock. Both clocks tested in prime95 and OCCT. Does no one optimize their voltages anymore or what? :blink:

OC'ed to 3.8Ghz I have the voltage at 1.1875V in the BIOS and 1.152V in CPU-Z. Also a stable 24/7 overclock.

Those voltages seems pretty unbelievable, I didn't know that any e8400 would do that overclock on that low of voltage. can i see a screenie of that?

btw, if i lower my voltage any more, my cpu fails prime95 within 50 minutes... so i don't know what you mean about optimizing it more...

Edited by turophiliac

Those voltages seems pretty unbelievable, I didn't know that any e8400 would do that overclock on that low of voltage. can i see a screenie of that?

btw, if i lower my voltage any more, my cpu fails prime95 within 50 minutes... so i don't know what you mean about optimizing it more...

yeah, here gimme a sec and I'll get a screenie up of that.

Here it is lol, I would put up a screenie of an OCCT and p95 test, but I dont feel like waitng an our for the occt and 24 hours for p95 lol

Edited by nitem4re

Yeh, but I can't seem to break the 4.2Ghz barrier for longer than 5 hours in prime 95...which really bugs, but, oh well I suppose lol.

Oh, and I'm on air, so thats the reason I strive to have such low voltages :ph34r:

Edited by nitem4re

Having a chip like yours means you can't comment on regular chip voltage levels. :P

I wasn't aware my chip was like "special" or something lol. Woo for gettin lucky! xD. I actually kinda want a "regular" chip so I can see if I can do it anyways lol. Maybe I should go grab another e8400 lol. If only I had the money...