Text Size Issue On Vista..

My_Inner_Fred

Well heres what happened, I turned my computer on and started up Hamachi, I noticed the text size was bigger and they where in bold..

I though Hamachi had a problem so I was gonna reinstall it.

I found out Itunes had the same issue, Mozilla was fine and all of my other programs(so far) are ok and dont have this problem..

I went to the control panel and changed the Text size back to 96 and restarted the computer but the size is still the same..

Any Ideas?

my first suggestion is to check the font dpi - right click on desktop, click properties, 2nd button under "tasks": Adjust font size (dpi). default is 96.

if that's not the case - i'll keep an eye on this thread as well, and possibly i can offer some other advice.

my first suggestion is to check the font dpi - right click on desktop, click properties, 2nd button under "tasks": Adjust font size (dpi). default is 96.

if that's not the case - i'll keep an eye on this thread as well, and possibly i can offer some other advice.

He did that already :rolleyes:

On your desktop, click into a space somewhere, hold the control key and roll your mouse wheel up and down. Rejoice in watching the sizes of stuff change.

This will potentially help you.

that was my next suggestion :)

i bet that's the issue.

On your desktop, click into a space somewhere, hold the control key and roll your mouse wheel up and down. Rejoice in watching the sizes of stuff change.

This will potentially help you.

Wow - this I did not know. All Hail the Silverfox!

that was my next suggestion :)

i bet that's the issue.

I saw, but wasn't sure if it only changes the size of the icons and the titles of windows etc, but either way, a handy shortcut to remember.

It's also handy in Microsoft applications for enlarging the text (Internet Explorer, perhaps firefox too?) and in Word, Excel etc, it changes the magnification. I use it a lot in Excel to look right in on complicated spreadsheets.