Which One?

Xtreme21

I was looking at some vid cards today and i ran across the 9600XT and the Siluro 5900 OTES.. I was wondering both are pretty low priced so which would you get? Not to mention i play a lot of Planetside (dont laugh they fixed the lag)..

Yah but it'll be like a month before i get it so i'll have some time...

So you have some time before you get it... if you have read any of the video forums here you would know the Nvidia cards = Crap Dx9 vs ATI cards. The XT reatail comes with HL2 coupon

Also about the video forums (why this thread is not there? I have no clue) go 2 pages back, there are 3 topics on the 9600XT. And 4 topics on page 3. There is even one on this exact thing. Page 4 has 2 topics about it, 1 other which mentions it. Page 5 has another XT topic and one 5900 topic. Page 6 has 2... etc.

hmmm this took me a matter of 3 mins to look and digest this info, which was quite helpful. There is such thing as using the search button on the forums or looking for it on a few pages in the area your question would be about.

So you have some time before you get it... if you have read any of the video forums here you would know the Nvidia cards = Crap Dx9 vs ATI cards. The XT reatail comes with HL2 coupon

Also about the video forums (why this thread is not there? I have no clue) go 2 pages back, there are 3 topics on the 9600XT. And 4 topics on page 3. There is even one on this exact thing. Page 4 has 2 topics about it, 1 other which mentions it. Page 5 has another XT topic and one 5900 topic. Page 6 has 2... etc.

hmmm this took me a matter of 3 mins to look and digest this info, which was quite helpful. There is such thing as using the search button on the forums or looking for it on a few pages in the area your question would be about.

*whip crack* SEARCH!!! *whip crack* :repost::google:

LOL, guyz i bought a new Gainward FX5900 with stock speeds of 400/850.. And its smokes my friends 9600XT, 9800NP, and even his 9700 pro.. And since i OCed past ultra speeds to a stable 475/910 ive come on par with some peoples stock 9800 Pros.. So i think the FX5900 is a good buy.. Personally i hate the 9600 series IMHO

just like the amd vs intel debate, mhz is NOT everything. ATI does more with less mhz. trust me you'll be sorry in games that are pushing dx9 to it's fullest...

have fun when you have to buy another card in the next few months