What Motherboard To Buy?

I don't know what motherboard to buy. I'm was looking around the Asus P5Q Deluxe kind of area, but I've seen loads of bad reviews on that board for it's memory support, HSFs not fitting, Asus being rubbish, but also people saying it's awesome. Does anyone know of anything similar that is a good board and not have a legacy of hatred following it?

Desired specs: DDR2 1066, 2 or more RJ45 ports, can run a E8600 or Q9550, good overclocker.

Cheers.

I don't know what motherboard to buy. I'm was looking around the Asus P5Q Deluxe kind of area, but I've seen loads of bad reviews on that board for it's memory support, HSFs not fitting, Asus being rubbish, but also people saying it's awesome. Does anyone know of anything similar that is a good board and not have a legacy of hatred following it?

Desired specs: DDR2 1066, 2 or more RJ45 ports, can run a E8600 or Q9550, good overclocker.

Cheers.

Have a look at the Gigabyte P45 boards.

Cheers

Paul

:withstupid:

I'm with Damian on this one any of those three boards are fine. I'm especially into getting the DFI board. All dfi boards are good overclockers, but they take a little more tweaking then the rest. My next board is going to be a DFI.

Damian i'm in the same situation he's in but matter of personal opinion which motherboard would you purchase out of the 4 the 3 you recommended and the p5q deluxe?

The DFI or the Gigabyte, I'd go for the DFI myself, but the Gigabyte is more "noob-friendly" you could say.

Damian i'm in the same situation he's in but matter of personal opinion which motherboard would you purchase out of the 4 the 3 you recommended and the p5q deluxe?

Personally I would purchase the DFI board since they are a personal favorite in my book. They are great overclockers.

The MSI board is good for overclocking dual core processors as well as quad cores processors, and seems to be a pretty stable board. (this would be my second choice)

The Gigabyte board is like King, said "noob friendly". If you are new to oerclocking and want to reach a simple yet stable, maybe even a quick overclock, the Gigabyte board is the one to get. The BIOS is failry simple compared to the DFI board where as that one has many options that some might not know what to do with them.

But they are all great board's nonetheless :)