Crossfire Question

ApfDaMan

I plan on running 3 monitors and currently have a 3870x2 with 2 monitors attatched.

having dual monitors on a crossfire setup disables crossfire.

can i buy another 3870 (not an x2 card like my other one) and attach one monitor to the 3870x2, with that running crossfire, and attach 2 monitors to the 3870, without the monitors on the 3870 affecting the crossfire on the 3870x2?

speaking of that did anyone else hear about nvidia's thing where you can have more then 2 monitors in sli withought buying a different card

just wondering if that was a rumor or true

I'd reckon that you could disable crossfire on the 3870 and run 2 monitors off it, and run 1 off the 3870x2.

That was my intention, to not interfere with the 3870x2s crossfire. looks like the next drivers will fix it for me, i just wonder wither or not i should attach the crossfire bridge, im guessing not. i hope the card is usable without the bridge attached. it should be...

thats good news

Indeed that is good news. i was thinking if i just didn't attach the crossfire bridge it would be fine... nonetheless it shouldn't be too long until 8.9 is released.

ill just handle a single core for now all games are fine fps wise anyway, i only run at 1650x1080.

Or you could just get this card:

post-64151-1225357659_thumb.jpg

You'll have no fps to speak of.

Woo Hoo!! Worksation Graphics!!

lolnoty.

that stupid little thing is probably like a ninegooglebilliondollars.

Running 1X 3870X2 AND 1x 3870 for 3 monitors will work.

Just do not attach the bridge and run the X2 in crossfire.

However, you dont NEED to get a 3870 to run the other 2, if the secondary screens are not going to be doing much, you could just as well get a very weak card, not sure what that is in ATi terms these days, but something like an 8400GS (nVidia)