Bootable Options

Dathaeus

Like most new machines, I dont have a floppy drive... I can put one in temp but I rather have a more long term solution.

I need to flash my bios, and I am trying to figure out the easiest way to make a bootable USB or even a CD. This seems to be one of the hardest things to do for some reason. Please let me know know what I am missing here. Even on Nero, you still need image files and boot files, so whats the point. There has to be some zipped file that you can just copy over to a flash drive or CD, no?

Thanks guys.

well the bios really depends on the motherboard so it be nice to know which one you have.

also its normally not recommended to update the bios unless you encounter a problem that can be fixed by a bios update, such as an sli problem.

anyway you should either list you board or check the manufacturers website they normally give you detailed instructions.

example: some ASUS boards have an in OS bios update option

You dont see my sig in my op?
oh sorry about that

guess i missed it the first time

Must have been searching for tacos :lol: <-- ~3:00am humor, gotta love it

Anyway, I would use hardnrg's guide...or well I actually wouldn't as I researched and spent a crapload of time setting up my own a long time ago, the nthought hey someone should make a guide for this, searched and discovered someone already had <_<

Then just get the bios files and flash utility, most mobo makers still have the "DOS" versions listed on their site. If not you can usually extract the data you need from things like floppy images with some research.