Ipod Or Zune?

InCrYsIs

Okay I have a 60 GB 5th generation IPOD. I am tired of ITunes and the battery sucks. I have a chance to get a 30GB Zune(used) for 65 bucks. Anuone have an opinion on the Zune and the software it comes with? Better than the IPOD?

Or why don't you just go to radioshack.com and drop $20 on a new battery for your ipod and switch to some third-party syncing software for it as well. Takes care of both of your problems and it costs less to boot. Alternative you could install rockbox onto your ipod so syncing becomes a simply drag-and-drop deal. Also opens up flac playback and a bunch of other neat abilities. This will allow you to use whatever media player you want like Foobar2000(<3).

In all honesty I can't recommend the zune one bit. Any portable media playing device that tries to sync Civ 4 to itself thinking that it's a giant mp3 file deserves to be smashed into bits and pieces and then have those pieces thrown into an incinerator. Don't take my word for it, just google zune sync problems.

iPods are for liberals

Zunes are for conservatives

I think the choice is clear :P

Funny that I should choose neither. xD I use my cell for video and mp3. Samsung blackjack. Works great with music and ok with vids. Got 8gb MicroSD in mine so its as good as any 8gb iphone - the touch screen. What I really want now is an HTC fuse. Maybe by then they will have the 32gb microSD out... though that will probably be expensive. I'd get like 16gb.

Or why don't you just go to radioshack.com and drop $20 on a new battery for your ipod and switch to some third-party syncing software for it as well. Takes care of both of your problems and it costs less to boot. Alternative you could install rockbox onto your ipod so syncing becomes a simply drag-and-drop deal. Also opens up flac playback and a bunch of other neat abilities. This will allow you to use whatever media player you want like Foobar2000(<3).

In all honesty I can't recommend the zune one bit. Any portable media playing device that tries to sync Civ 4 to itself thinking that it's a giant mp3 file deserves to be smashed into bits and pieces and then have those pieces thrown into an incinerator. Don't take my word for it, just google zune sync problems.

That is an interesting problem. I got the IPOD for free originally so I have nothing invested other than a 10 dollar case for it. I will have to check out what google has to say about problems.

@ compxpert, :withstupid: I use my Sony Ericsson W910 walkman for music, I dont see the point of an MP3 player if u already have a capable mobile. And it supports upto 4GB mem card which plenty for me, but then again there are ppl who stoore the entire history of music on their MP3 players.

Funny that I should choose neither. xD I use my cell for video and mp3. Samsung blackjack. Works great with music and ok with vids. Got 8gb MicroSD in mine so its as good as any 8gb iphone - the touch screen. What I really want now is an HTC fuse. Maybe by then they will have the 32gb microSD out... though that will probably be expensive. I'd get like 16gb.

I have a BlackJack II and hate the fact that I can't use a normal pair of headphones.

That is an interesting problem. I got the IPOD for free originally so I have nothing invested other than a 10 dollar case for it. I will have to check out what google has to say about problems.

Well since you got it for free you wouldn't mind sending it my way when you get a zune, would you. ;)

In all seriousness, if you do decide to go zune(apparently MS has gotten their game together *somewhat* with recent versions of zune software) I would be willing to throw some cash your way for that iPod. I am in need, not want, of one for school. As weird as that sounds, it's true. Circuit Diagramming professor thinks it's funny to give out vital notes in mp3 format via iPod sync(you have no idea how "hipster" the IUPUI campus is so it's not really a problem except for us poor students) and my folks thing I'm lying when I tell them that. <_< Being the broke college student that I am getting one new, and even used from almost all places, is out of the question. Doesn't help that I don't have time for a job, either. :(

Here's to hoping sophomore, junior and senior years will be better...

Edit: Typo's galore...

Edited by iKillSteal

Well you're paying like $300 for a gimped iphone with 32gb of onboard storage. I would much rather take the iPod classic with it's lackluster feature set and drop rockbox on it and call it a day. Better value, IMO, but to each his own.