Err Okay..hlep?? O_o Please

AMG

hello there, well i built my new computer got it up and runing recently I ve been having problems with it, all I have done was upgrade the psu which is plenty powerfull enough and ifi t was that it wouldn't work, graphics card being a pain in the back side and CCC won't update why I wonder, than after runing fine turned it on and had to hard reset twice than enter biso to touch nothing before the computer would boot, I mean what the hell o_O its as stable as a nut even through its o. as stated my power supply can't be at fault or it would never get going, my motherboard is stable as a nut and my memory is fine but give it a game sometimes I get graphics glitches

my system specs

maxumus 2 formula

q6600 @3.6GHz (as it has been since I got the system)

OCZ elite XSTREAM 800watt

Sapphire HD4870 512

OCZ 1066MHz 4GGb

2x 250Gb SATA hdds in raid

2x SATA optical drive one blue ray RW varous fans which comes with the armor, anyone help me with my trouble shoting...its fine atm through, its just starting to get on my nerves >.<

hello there, well i built my new computer got it up and runing recently I ve been having problems with it, all I have done was upgrade the psu which is plenty powerfull enough and ifi t was that it wouldn't work, graphics card being a pain in the back side and CCC won't update why I wonder, than after runing fine turned it on and had to hard reset twice than enter biso to touch nothing before the computer would boot, I mean what the hell o_O its as stable as a nut even through its o. as stated my power supply can't be at fault or it would never get going, my motherboard is stable as a nut and my memory is fine but give it a game sometimes I get graphics glitches

my system specs

maxumus 2 formula

Sapphire HD4870 512

OCZ 1066MHz 4GGb

2x SATA optical drive one blue ray RW varous fans which comes with the armor, anyone help me with my trouble shoting...its fine atm through, its just starting to get on my nerves >.<

Have you tried a dffrent card, yours mite be defective. :(

my system specs

maxumus 2 formula

Sapphire HD4870 512

OCZ 1066MHz 4GGb

Troubleshooting time :P

It's either your power supply or your graphics cards.

You said it cant be your psu since its good enough (which it is) but if these problems just started happening after you changed your power supply that might be it. It's not that its not powerful enough but its possible you might have recieved a defective unit (which is common).

If it's not your psu then it could be your video card or drivers.

Your saying your drivers wont uppdate. How are you updating them? Cleaning out and installing new drivers can be tricky.

Here is a great guide on removing drivers

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=52502

Edited by damian

okay, lets just put it right i got a new psu the computer booted on its oc like i had on my thermaltake 700watt, the next day i got a smaung 24inch my gaphics card started playing up ever since....vista keep saying that ccc has gone inresponsive (lies) and my computer is stable as anything while overclocked....it just gets a little tempermental at times :/ in 3D mark its acore 15-16k so it can handle stress, just try and play a game it ethoir refuese to run or the game has nasty graphics glitches, this started before I stuck my 800watt in o_O throught that once I get it, the problem will goway well no it has not.

tell me if I m right if it was my PSU with my oc it will never boot. or be stalbe enough to run 3dmark on so I think its something else, I can't really see it being the motherboard becasue A its stable and its graphics related and I can see what the motherboard is what south bride it had, last time I had a simplier problem it was indeed the mobo but it was also instalbe and it didn't know what the south brigde was.

the next day i got a smaung 24inch my gaphics card started playing up ever since....vista keep saying that ccc has gone inresponsive

This happened after you upgraded the monitor? I'm assuming with your previous monitor you were using a lower resolution. If so what you are experiencing could be nothing more then system instability. A higher resolution places more of a load on the NB which could explain why 3d06 still runs fine at it's default settings. Drop down to the resolution of your precious monitor and see if you still have the same issues.

kk after a fight with the computer to get it going again and uping the voltgate on the north bridge I got it booting but with a HD3870 not a 4870:/ and yes that does make sense, to me but its like one day it booted with a bit of a fight, than was fine untill a game was played but still could have the reason, if not that than fautly graphics card. So I m going to run my system on a HD3870 -_-

Right it can't be the power supply, it does the same thing with my old one...its not the grpahics card ethoir....I reinsattled vista and i keep getting a memory dump (blue screen of death) I can't really see anything wrong with my memory ethoir due to its been fine till now unless its software based. I need to run a memory test on the system.

I dealt its the motherboard, becasue a motehrboard just don't go faulty and when it does it will never boot no matter what I did...any ideas the graphics card is on stock settings now by the way.

I m going to try it on all stock see what happens...my memory is now on stock settings 800 althrough its meant to be 1066 :S, the voltage appears fine its within error limits and I can load the system, it just don't like a few things xD

okay after it been runing for a while it may well be by psu the voltage flutates like hell (over voltage) according to my probe 2 if its accurate but i would perfer to be safe than sorry, if the unit is faulty waht PSU should i get ? cos i dealt i would want anohter eliteXstream LOL its a pain on cable management saying that xD

Edited by AMG