Htpc Frontend For Videos And Dvds

FunkyMonkey

im kinda interested in the concept of HTPC but dont know if i really want a dedicated computer for home theatre

ive been looking at a few frontends and like the styles but most of them have way too many features that i dont really need

im looking for a frontend with a good video playing interface, maybe something like MCE

Thanks

Why don't you just use Media Center? Vista comes with it, so it's not like you need to get a special version of Windows. Plus, Vista Media Center is by far the best interface out there.

i did not know MCE came with Vista, im still running XP and havent really looked into Vista at all

does MCE come with all the different types of Vista or only certain versions?

also is MCE on Vista the same as the one that came packaged with the newer XP?

Edited by FunkyMonkey

I think it's only the Home Basic and Business editions that don't have it, which leaves you with Home Premium and Ultimate.

Media Center in Vista is like a million times better than the one on XP. It looks better, has a more intuitive interface, and did I mention it looks better? There are also some really useful Media Center plugins like MyMovies.

Plus, Vista Media Center is by far the best interface out there.

I wouldn't personally go that far, but it's a good interface and great for a PC doing double duty as a general use PC and media center, so overall it sounds like a good option for you.

Also it is only in Home Premium and Ultimate

im still looking for something for XP at moment and most likely free and found GameEx

its mainly a frontend for MAME but it has lots more support than any other free frontends ive found

im gonna give it a try and if anyone else has any experience with this comment would be great

Thanks