Vista 64 Will Not See Jmicron Raid-0 ???

Syngensmyth

I am trying to install (Dual with XP) Vista 64 on a Gigabyte 965P-DS3.

First I am trying to use a partition on RAID-0 with the Jmicron controller.

Vista will not accept the Jmicron drivers.

Trying to put Vista on the non RAID drives it can see gives "drives not configured properly" or some such. I suppose if that dirve were the only drive Vista would install.

My reading indicates that the Gigabyte 965P-DS3 will not use the Intel Matrix storage manager. I have not tried.

Edit: Uses Intel's ICH8 south bridge which does not have RAID.

Any ideas?

Edited by Syngensmyth

Couldn't u setup the raid on the intel SB? Vista might accept the intel drivers.

I have not tried but as I said, I've read several places where Intel Matrix Storage Manager will not work with this mother board. Maybe it uses Intel's ICH8 south bridge which does not have RAID.

Edit: According to specs. that is the problem with using SM.

Edited by Syngensmyth

I installed a Jmicron RAID 0 on a P35 board and it was kind of weird but ended up working. I have a RAID on the Intel IHCR8 and then added 2 drives on the Jmicron for another RAID 0. Does it see and detect the RAID in the Jmicron BIOS? I set up the RAID in the Jmicron BIOS and then installed the driver from the website once in was inside Vista64. Even though the 2 drives were setup as a RAID 0 single drive inside the Jmicron BIOS, Vista saw the RAID in disk management as 2 separate drives. I tried installed different Jmicron drivers and after the reboot, it worked.