Motherboard Sound

I was wondering what the cheapest S775 mobo with an "off the mobo" audio chip would be. If you don't know what I mean and example would be the Asus Striker II Extreme 790i with it's SupremeFX II PCIx card.

The asus supreme fx 2 sound card really is not an off mobo sound card. the slot it has to go in to is made just for it. They just put the sound chip on the extender card to reduce emi interference.

Cant someone just answer the questions??

I have also been looking for a board that has this.

From my searches here in the UK, I found the cheapest board with off the board sound extenders where the Asus Maximus II Formula (about

Cant someone just answer the questions??

I have also been looking for a board that has this.

From my searches here in the UK, I found the cheapest board with off the board sound extenders where the Asus Maximus II Formula (about

thx pete. I know it can't be used on other mobos. The EMI interference is the reason why I want to know what I asked. I don't want to get another sound card when there's one onboard but I don't want the interference so I came to the conclusion that an riser card would be best.

Keep in mind that the boards with these riser cards are at the top end of the spectrum, so unless you WANT the features that brings, I would get a board lower down, and with the saved money get an add-in sound card.

Not only will it warrant better sound, but it also wont suffer from the EMI as much.

You could go even further, and look at cards with an EMI shield on (Razer AC-1, ASUS Xonar)

Either way, happy shopping!

I have to agree with Pete. My asus maximus formula comes with a riser card for the sound chip, but i had to pay a pretty penny for it. Now I wish I would have went with a cheaper board and bought an add in sound card.