Is Far Cry 2 A Good Game?

ir_cow

Far Cry 2  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is Far Cry 2 a good good?

• No, it's just GTA in the Jungle done poorly
    • No, its nothing like GTA but still sucks
    • Yes, This games amazing and im glad i wasted..err happly spent $ on this
    • I don't care beacuse either i haven't played it or want to.
    • I think you're .... HBC for making this poll!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

far cry 2: running infamous difficulty

Ok so the AI is ridiculously hard or easy which pisses me off. Either they can snipe me through walls or I can jump out the way of their attempted roadkill and then knife both of them in the face. Idk about the three lower difficulties but I wish this games AI was just either hard or easy, I hate these random switches between both. Once MAYBE twice I am able to rush an outpost but rarely ever as they kill you in 2-3 hits and the mounted guns don't do jack. Yeah and regarding the enemy sniping why can EVERY weapon they use out snipe a sniper rifle. You can't knife somebody without waking up the entire base/outpost, so there is no point trying.

The driving system is so bad, when the enemies drive they drive so robotic and unrealistic. You can't hear cars approaching, just the occasional squeak of brakes or the VROOM of the their engine gives them away. Every car goes the same exact speed and all of them accelerate to that 70kph instantly and handle like slotcars.

The malaria thing is fine I guess but I wish Crytek made this so, like Crysis, you'd get some special power or something not just a disease that'll bug you the entire game and give them an excuse to not let you roam outside the map. I was hoping there'd be giant deserts but its mostly tight jungle roads or rivers, there are NO predators only a few skittish animals spread throughout the game. The game looks pretty much the same going from high-very high- ultra except getting brighter (and more colorful). I can't technically blame them for my video stutter but that kinda annoys me too.

If you buy the Camo suit you waste 45 diamonds because the chance of them seeing you is just as high as not having it. When you clean out an outpost I wish that the enemies didn't respawn like 2 minutes later if I had to come back to the outpost to get the ammo, gasoline (what the heck), explosives or health that I need. The whole weapon storage box system is pointless. I wish you could work on the guns your self instead of getting an infinite supply of brand new weapons at an abandoned bunker thing.

Cars should not be damage free if you pull out a ratchet and turn a bolt on something labeled "high voltage". A car should not be able to withstand me holding a flame thrower to it for an entire gas-can and not blow up. Wild fires should be well, wild. They should have not such short life spans. That guy in the beginning mentioned that his cousin or brother lost everything to a wild fire but he must have only had a farm that was about 15 square feet big or I don't see how that could have happened.

ALL of the weapons dealer missions are the same. The friend system is annoying and brings me to wonder why EVERYONE other than maybe a handful of people hate you. why does EVERYONE have to be an enemy (disregarding the ceasefire zone). I miss the Trigens from the first FarCry (or the Aliens in Crysis) because that really was a neat turning point in the story, this is just a dry drive around, blow this up, shoot this guy (or anything that moves in africa) let down for me.

I probably missed alot more that I dislike about this game but I'll start with those things, as I'm sure that I have alot there already.

All that being said it IS a good time waster but I don't spend long amounts of time in it because it generally will annoy me to the point of stopping sometimes. I wish Crytek made this, the CryEngine is soooooooo much better, and of course i miss the NanoSuit.

bring on the arguing :thumbs-up:

I totally agree with you, very nice post ^_^

^^ Aggreed!

FarCry 2 is definately a "GooD" game.

My MAIN gripe with it is:

WHY does everyone hate you? I mean EVERYONE?

There is nothing more frustrating than try to pass through a guard post and get like 3 trucks on you every time!

To pass, you pretty much need to get out and waste everyone just for a bit of peace. Then come back the way you came 2 minutes later, and they are all back!! ARGHH!

Next Gripe: Cars. There is NO POINT to EVER drive ANYTHING but the Truck with the gun on it. Not only does it have the aforementioned gun, but it is also the fastest (according to the speedo) as it is the only vechile which can break the 60 speed. (Seem to be able to hit 100-110 in it? :O)

Even the dune buggy cant beat it on speed.

The 2 Jeeps (Wrangler & the other 1 :wacko:) just suck. Handle like ., no Gun, no high speed. Just terrible.

Last Gripe: Missions are very repetitive. Its ALWAYS you get/kill/blow up something.. But before you do, your buddy calls you, who asks you to get/kill/blow something up first, then do the other task, then save them. Boring?

Having said all those things, I still keep coming back for more! So they got something right!

EDIT:

Just beat the game. abit disapointing..... :(

Also, is there ANY point in finding all the Diamonds/Jackal Tapes and/or Guard posts?

I was kinda expecting to be able to play on after I finnished the game, abit like GTA, so that I could find all the other things. But I do not plan to just reload a previous save if its not going to change anything anyways.

Cheers

Edited by xPETEZx

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a few weeks of trudging through this game, driving 10000 miles, eliminating guards at the same outposts, driving back and forth to mike's bar, turning the racket on the radiator I have finally had enough of this game and sold it on ebay. Truly disappointed.

I really preferred the first Far Cry. Found it visually/storywise more intriguing/compelling and dynamic. This one...ehhh. Quite the bore.Have not touched it in a while. Am finding killing Nazi Zombies a hell of a lot more fun. Far Cry 2 will make you feel like how you think a cat should feel like playing with a piece of string. To each their own.

It's a pretty good game, haven't really tried the multiplayer yet but it's great value considering it was free with my GTX 2XX series card

Towards the end, after 'Teaming up with the Jackal', I was killed by my ex-allies (believed to be dead) of course... I forgot to save about an hour ago so that sucked. [Following 45 mins of pure frustration] Knowing I was walking into a trap, I sniped the Irish soccer fan in the head, and when I got into the camp, nothing happened! I just grabbed the diamond case and walked, what the hell?

Great game! Huge universe to explore, lots of options etc.

Travel time between missions can be too long and drawn out, story line is fairly linear, etc. Not as open ended as GTA, but still great gameplay.

I should add that although the graphics aren't as beautiful or revolutionary as Crysis, the engine is quite good. 40+ FPS at 1920x1200 on a single GTX 280 with 16xAF/AA-Q and all the settings maxed is always nice.

8/10

FC2 isnt bad. I'm about 60% through it and havent played it in a couple weeks. It just gets REALLY repetitive and tiresum. I mean blowing up cars chasing you is pretty awesome. But I run around trying to be stealthy with a silencer but just they still hear me... pisses me off. I could be a mile away sniping and right after I shoot the first guy the rest automatically know where I am and lite me up like a christmas tree. Also driving 20 miles in real life sucks ...why would I want to do it over and over again in a game?

Anyone else agree?

FC2 isnt bad. I'm about 60% through it and havent played it in a couple weeks. It just gets REALLY repetitive and tiresum. I mean blowing up cars chasing you is pretty awesome. But I run around trying to be stealthy with a silencer but just they still hear me... pisses me off. I could be a mile away sniping and right after I shoot the first guy the rest automatically know where I am and lite me up like a christmas tree. Also driving 20 miles in real life sucks ...why would I want to do it over and over again in a game?

Anyone else agree?

yes, i totally agree.

this thread has been floating around for ages, and i wanted to play furthur into the game before passing comment and i'm glad i did really. this game has gotten boring. after i got to the second part of the map, and got all the weapons i wanted i found that i just didn't care about the story. it now seems like there's no reason to play the game at all, and in fact the last few times i've tried have ended in me turning it off after 5 mins and playing something else.

i can only really recommend this game to someone who got it free with a graphics card or something and has nothing else to play.