ir_cow

Is Far Cry 2 A Good Game?

Far Cry 2  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is Far Cry 2 a good good?

• No, it's just GTA in the Jungle done poorly
    • No, its nothing like GTA but still sucks
    • Yes, This games amazing and im glad i wasted..err happly spent $ on this
    • I don't care beacuse either i haven't played it or want to.
    • I think you're .... HBC for making this poll!

Address your concerns here and we will respond to them. I'm sure we're a more trustworthy source than some guys on xyz forum. :lol:

Regardless I am going to install and play it tonight. I will form my own conclusion. It's one of those things, I was choosing between dead space and FC2 and dead space is getting awesome reviews and little minor complaints and FC2 is getting more negative than positive. We'll see tonight after MNF of course.

Ok, so im really slow, taking my time en such, only 10% done, but I love it.

Sure the enemies respawning all the time is slightly annoying, But I bypass most posts anyways.

the only problem I have is that if I play the game, exit and some time later start it up again, the textures go all werid, so I have to restart everytime I want to be sure it won't happen.

Other than that its all peachy, and no, I haven't run the benchmark yet.

Edit: wth mission do you have to complete to unlock the AS 50? I want that sniper rifle so badly.

And I still can't find cheats that can be entered using the console/devmode.

Edited by Ste

You can pike up the AS 50 in one of the UFLL missions if you talk to your buddy with the bandana. It's just a pickup off the ground, not a real unlock. So it will jam and backfire. I saved mine in the case, haven't used it since after that mission.

Along with what Krazyxazn said, check around the safehouses you unlock. That's where I found my guided rocket launcher as well as a machine gun(special slot). It's possible some weapons are unlocked by finding them.

So some weapons you can't buy? Only find them? Have them jam more often and break....!?

I hope not...

Anyone else get motion sick/headaches from driving or the game in general.

The Ratio's are all sorts of .ed up....Reminds me of HL2 when the FoV was 70* and you had to enter a command to make it 90*

Im on a 19inch normal screen @ 1280x1024, 5:4 ratio

Haven't gotten motion sickness in a game since I moved my monitor back farther and reduced mouse sensitivity. I guess whenever I get time I'll test out Gears of War again. That was the true motion sickness game for me.

I think you can buy all the weapons. You need to go to the weapons dealer when you have no othe missions and he gives you a "blow up the shipment" mission which unlocks things you can buy from him. This includes both the AS 50 and the guided rocket launcher.

Edited by dode74

Anyone else get motion sick/headaches from driving or the game in general.

The Ratio's are all sorts of .ed up....Reminds me of HL2 when the FoV was 70* and you had to enter a command to make it 90*

Im on a 19inch normal screen @ 1280x1024, 5:4 ratio

I've never seen any complaints for the 1280x1024 FOV, only widescreen, which is fixable with the FOV "hack" posted a few pages back. You could technically use it for non widescreen setups as well, so you may want to give it a shot.

I haven't gotten motion sickness from it. I haven't really gotten motion sickness since the wolfenstein days.

I did all the Weapons Unlock missions available. I haven't unlocked all of them yet. I don't a bunch of missions that haven't unlocked any guns. I'm guessing to unlock the rest of the guns is in the next area or something, because it says I'm only like 20% compelete. The only missions I got left are from ARP and Warren.

So some weapons you can't buy? Only find them? Have them jam more often and break....!?

You gotta unlock them somehow, there aren't anymore weapon vendor missions. Picking up the weapon it self doesn't unlock it. Guns that you pick up off the ground will jam and backfire often. Guns you buy from vendor have a lesser chance of jamming or backfiring until you buy the realitlibility upgrade for it. Then its basically zero jams or backfires.

EDIT: I did some searching it seems you can't unlock anymore weapons until Act 2, when your next weapon unlocks shows the AS 50. I'm still in Act 1.

Edited by Krazyxazn