Cpu Temps

ericwolfson

recently my cpu temp has risen from just above room temp to 140 F at startup. I cleaned all the fans and put down new thermal greese but still the temp is the same. I also downloaded core temp and it reads higher than my abit eq program, do i have a problem or is this normal. Temps cool off some after startup but its still around 130F. I have tried everything i know, geek squad said that there is a different way of appyling the thermal greese for a dual core as aposed to a single core, can anyone tell me how this is done. Nothing is overclocked but the temp seems high to me, are my temps within range without burning up something. If anyone has any ideas email me at [email protected]. And thanks to anyone who can help.

recently my cpu temp has risen from just above room temp to 140 F at startup. I cleaned all the fans and put down new thermal greese but still the temp is the same. I also downloaded core temp and it reads higher than my abit eq program, do i have a problem or is this normal. Temps cool off some after startup but its still around 130F. I have tried everything i know, geek squad said that there is a different way of appyling the thermal greese for a dual core as aposed to a single core, can anyone tell me how this is done. Nothing is overclocked but the temp seems high to me, are my temps within range without burning up something. If anyone has any ideas email me at [email protected]. And thanks to anyone who can help.

dont listen to geek squad, they dont know what their talking about

post your degrees in celsius next time so that more people can help

140F does seem pretty high, like 65C. what kind of system do you have? if its quad core or dual core P4 then it may be normal, otherwise its a bit too high.

have you tried looking at the various TIM application methods online?

its also possible that your heatsink is not mounted correctly on your cpu, and you may need to have it 'click' in or get a third party cpu heatsink for about 20-30 USD

I have tried everything i know, geek squad said that there is a different way of appyling the thermal greese for a dual core as aposed to a single core, can anyone tell me how this is done. Nothing is overclocked but the temp seems high to me, are my temps within range without burning up something.

Well first off there is no different way. Second are you using a stock cooler? Third how old is it and what brand the old core 2's get really hot.