Rebate Offer To Buy Ends Tonight Should I Buy This Powersupply?

RCPW

Hi Everyone

It's Me Again

It's NewEggs Deal of the Week.

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817139005

$99.99 with a $20.00 mail in Rebate $79.99

I plan on using it with this Motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131182

ASUS P5K DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

I've never used the Corsair as a PowerSupply Only as Memory,.. How are they when it comes to making PSU?

Is this a Good Buy?

Thanks For Your Help.

RCPW A.K.A. Jim

Edited by RCPW

I've got the TX750, with 2 4870s in crossfire. It never budges off of it's voltages. Great psu. Supposedly has most of the same components as the PC Power&Cooling 750, Matsushita and Nippon capacitors and the like. Good stuff for sure.

I feel pretty positive with my purchase of the Corsair PSU with all of the Positive Talk about it here. It sure seems to have enough adapters and hook up so i should have no problems finding one that i need.

Here is what I ended up buying tonight. Please let me know where i may have went wrong.

By the way,..

Dumb Question #2.

How do you use the Dual LAN Ports on the Back of the Motherboard?

Do you just connect two cables coming off your router in to them?

Anyway,... here is what I purchased. Do you think i should be able to OC my Q6600 to at least 3.0GHz or 3.4GHz? That would be Sweet...

Shipped from CA

1 Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80562Q6600 - Retail

Item #: N82E16819115017

Processors (CPUs) Return Policy $189.99

1 PNY VCG88512GXEB-FLB GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Item #: N82E16814133232

Limited 30-Day Return Policy $114.99

1 CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

Item #: N82E16817139005

Standard Return Policy $99.99 - $20.00 Rebate

1 Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EACS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Item #: N82E16822136151

Limited 30-Day Return Policy $129.99

1 ASUS P5K DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Item #: N82E16813131182

Limited 30-Day Return Policy $174.99 - $30.00 Rebate

1 LITE-ON 20X DVD

Ah, while it is possible to use both LAN ports simultaneously, it is often much simpler to pick one and use it. If it goes, you have another :)

I've got two...and routinely use just one, although, some operating systems like one over the other (opensuse 10.3 for me...)

Ah, while it is possible to use both LAN ports simultaneously, it is often much simpler to pick one and use it. If it goes, you have another :)

I've got two...and routinely use just one, although, some operating systems like one over the other (opensuse 10.3 for me...)

Ahh,... So if i were to use both ports i wouldnt get 2 x the Speed?

I saw a new MB that has 4 x LAN Ports on the MB. Why use would 4 Ports be on a Motherboard be if it doesnt do anything? It's got to do something you would think.

My new MB Supports 10/100/1000

Now in order to get the Support of the 1000 does that come from the Router or from my Cable Modem or my Comcast ISP?

Going to www.speedtest.net right now the fastest "Avg" Speeds i get with my ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe MB is around 12156 D/L - 1579 U/L on a Good Day sometimes it's worse. I havent checked the Manual to see what kind of Dual Lan Ports I have with my Current MB but I would love to be able to connect a second cable to the second Lan and Double my Speeds.

Of What Use is that Second Port. Even ASUS Says Nothing about those Extra Lan's. Pretty Strange I went back and Re-Read the Article about the MB and found nothing so maybe it's just there for looks and a selling feature "Hey Look,... This Boeard Has 2 or 4 Lan Ports, Buy Me! :withstupid: "

Hehe,...

RCPW,.. A.K.A. Jim <- 1/2 A Sleep

Heh...I doubt you can buy a gigabit internet connection for a reasonable price ;)...

Even if your router cannot do 1000, the average user cannot saturate 100...Having more connections with your router will not make your connection any faster (anything user side is usually way faster than what you get from your ISP)

With more ports you can do interesting things like using your computer as a firewall, but...I've never actually tried.

Having extra LAN ports isn't going to double your speed. You'll probably never even reach 100 mbps on one, lol. I see your speedtest.org is saying about 12 mbps, so you're just barely topping the 10 mbps, lol. The only way I see two LAN connections helping is if you're transfering data through your own personal network. Also, I believe you need at least CAT 6 to reach the 1000 mbps mark. I wouldn't bother with it an just leave it as a back up, you won't notice any huge gains from it.

On another note, that setup looks pretty good for the price. The only comment I have is maybe consider changing the CPU cooler. You may want to shell out another $25 or so for a TRUE if you really want to push that Q6600.