2600+ Vs 2500+

kelenskiovich

I plan to OC to at least 3200+ speeds with Great air cool setup (SLK SP97 w/ Tornado and ducting mod)

My question is this- If the price difference is only around $10 or so, shouldnt I go with 2600+, wont it OC to higher speeds at lower temps?

I'm siting on a 2500+ aircooled to 3100+(11x200). Good coolers, well, depends on how much you want to spend and the noicelevels. And good airconditioning for the rest of the box is a MUST. Now I have two 80x80 fans blowing in and 1 blowing out + powersupply. Systemtemp is just a couple of degrees above room temperature. Which is how I like it.

and dont the 2600+ have a cache of 256 rather then 640?

You mean 512? they only get referred to by the L2 cache

There are 2600+ Bartons out there, but I have never seen one. Some people on here have one. As for the $10 I don't know about that, the difference in Mhz in neglegable in the overall OCing ability of the proc. Spend $10 and get a little better RAM or something. Also with the 2500, I have found that I like the ability for it to post as a true 3200+ at 200x11. But meh, that's just me.