White Van Scam

qwerty

two blokes in a white van tried to sell me some studio speakers...

I asked for some specs, brand, etc... and they totally failed to convince me (they had no idea what they were talking about) and I just laughed at them and said "haha, no thanks" and walked on

two blokes in a white van tried to sell me some studio speakers...

I asked for some specs, brand, etc... and they totally failed to convince me (they had no idea what they were talking about) and I just laughed at them and said "haha, no thanks" and walked on

lol they didnt try to keep on? i tried to be nice and told them i didnt have any money. they then pointed out the fact that i had just put $60 worth of gas in my car and the fact that i was driving a cadillac and said "how do you put 60 in the tank of a cadillac and have no money." and then asked what kind of speakers i had at home. thats when i had to get rude and say "i have a paradigm 5.1 speaker setup with an onkyo tx-sr701 receiver and im sure its better than what you have to offer in your "van scam"." (the speakers are actually about 8 years old now but im sure they were much better than the fakes they had) that shut them up, they kind of seemed embarrassed like i mentioned before. if i ever get approached this way again im just gonna be rude right off the bat.

they did present themselves professionally though. they were wearing "service tech" type clothing with a newer chevy van that had some legit looking audio company logo that took up half of each side of the van. if i were to see it just driving down the road, i would honestly think they were a true audio installers.

lol they didnt try to keep on?

my initial response was "nah, I'm not interested"... then they tried to convince me properly shortly before I quizzed them... when I said I laughed, I was doubled up with tears in my eyes that they were trying to sell speakers and didn't even know the basic specs of the speakers like the impedance, wattage, crossovers etc... I mean, they were trying to sell floorstanding huge cab "studio spec" speakers and knew sweet FA about them, and also tried to "blind me with science" using fake jargon...

it was just really funny to me... they knew they were rumbled lol

Wow.. Even if this happened to me I'd do same as nrg and try to confuse them with real jargon. xD Then i'd move onto saying what systematic said and tell them the setup I got and tell them its better than their white van crap. If you fel for this I can't say much for you but if any deal I see online I always check to see if the sites a scam. I google it first and check sites to see if people got scammed out of merchandise.. I looked a a site selling anime dvds that are hard to find... original mazinger z and getter robo.... I thought it was a bit suspicious they had them and so cheaply. Looking into it I found people either didn't get anything (rare case) or got bootlegs (common case). Moral like queens said: "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is."