Graphics Tablet

ClayMeow

I used to draw all the time (you know...before the digital age :lol:), so I've always considered getting a graphics tablet, but didn't want to spend so much.

Well woot has a DigiPro one for a mere $40, so I bought it. Though the woot page doesn't list Vista compatibility, from what I've read, it definitely works on Vista-64 with the latest drivers.

Hopefully this works nicely enough...and we'll see if I still know how to draw after all these years :lol:

So I got the tablet today and immediately hooked it up. The driver disc had Vista drivers on it (and they were the newest).

I installed the drivers, rebooted my machine, and then hooked up the tablet to an open USB port. It started working immediately, and I never had to disconnect my mouse like I heard some people say. I have both connected right now, and can use both my main mouse and the tablet pen to move the pointer around.

So I opened up Photoshop and gave it a whirl. I normally would never post something so bad, but since it's my first tablet drawing, what the hell:

1st_drawing_skull.jpg

Just tried something fairly basic to get the hang of the pressure system and whatnot. I clearly still have a lot to get used to. It's pretty neat though. Even though it was really tough to get the pressure and drawing perfect, it was still easier than using a mouse.

It definitely looks like it was drawn with a pencil or pen instead of a mouse. Ive been thinking about getting one of the cheaper wacom bamboo tablets. Your drawing looks better than anything I could do with pencil and paper.

Edited by SMeeD

It definitely looks like it was drawn with a pencil or pen instead of a mouse. Ive been thinking about getting one of the cheaper wacom bamboo tablets. Your drawing looks better than anything I could do with pencil and paper.

Thanks. I used to be able to draw really well. Hopefully I can find that groove again.

I know the Wacoms are supposedly better, but they can get pretty expensive. This one was only $40, so I thought it was worth it. I'm just pissed I never got one sooner....like before I got rusty. lol