• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the - ?

You beat my E7300@4GHz and my HD4850!!! :angry:

I MUST get better scores...

Really? Dude, YOU SUCK :lol:

How dare you underestimate the awesomeness of the E6600! :P

LMAO!

E6600 + 8800GT FTW! I can crank out some more if I want to, but I'll wait for you to bounce back Smith :P

Here is a better score for the Netbook category, using my Wind. :D

post-31336-1228007343_thumb.jpg

Edit: Let's see if Nrg or SFox can beat that... C'mon guys!!! I wanna see some serious numbers!!! ;)

Edited by The Smith

Really? Dude, YOU SUCK :lol:

LMAO!

E6600 + 8800GT FTW! I can crank out some more if I want to, but I'll wait for you to bounce back Smith :P

DONT GET ME ANGRY!! YOU'LL KNOW IT!! MHUUUAAAHHAAAAHHAAAA!!!

Just give me some time...

Yea, you'll wait till I'm back in Australia and can not submit any new scores :lol:

Thanks for the suggestion ;)

edit: @ Royalfork: Yeah that is fine! Great score. It's in the list as of now. :)

Edited by The Smith

I was swapping parts into a new case recently, and fancied a go with one of my recent step-up GTX 280s in the XPS. It's always interesting to see the amazing bandwidth that the X38 manages to slam into the PCIe bus. Clock for clock, this is the highest Vantage score I can manage with a single card on any of my 775 systems - even on DDR3. Somewhat astonishingly, it also manages to blow past my old high score with the GX2. Not sure if this is indicative of newer driver improvements (177.89 vs 180.48), but it's interesting nonetheless that a single card solution can beat the power of 2 individual GPUs.

It's also nice to see that newer bins of the vanilla cards are able to overclock so well. This GTX was built in October of 2008, and it managed to hit HC16 speeds with no effort. That's a full 691/1488/1215 core/shader/memory overclock - something that none of the other vanilla cards I've had in my hands could do. I'm not even sure if it won't do higher, but that's another day of testing ;)

Dell XPS 420

Q6600 @ 3312MHz, 1.275v

4GB Mushkin XP2 @ 883MHz, 5-5-5-18, 1.8v

EVGA GTX 280 Vanilla @ 691/1488/1215 (2430)

nV Driver 180.48

PhysX 8.10.29

GTX280-P14897.jpg

I imagine with a wee bit of tinkering, 15k is easily attainable.

Edited by politbureau

Nice scores guys!

Crow47, I invite you to try to beat Nerm in the 3DMark06 category, which did a bit better but with 2x3870!!! :)

Edit: OC that Q6600 farther and you'll get it the fingers in the nose. You're only @ 3GHz and almost stock voltage...

Edited by The Smith

Nice scores guys!

Crow47, I invite you to try to beat Nerm in the 3DMark06 category, which did a bit better but with 2x3870!!! :)

Edit: OC that Q6600 farther and you'll get it the fingers in the nose. You're only @ 3GHz and almost stock voltage...

Yeah, I know, I'm still on my stock cooler *sobs*. There's no doubt in my mind that I can easily hit over 18k once I get a better cooler. I can push my videocards way further, too, but they start to bottleneck when I clock them up, so the score you see right there is the sweet spot right now for my rig. But I just couldn't resist posting something anyway, hahaha.

Hey King you're too good for now...

I get every score but higher than yours. :angry:

Look at that:

post-31336-1228926326_thumb.jpg

Considering you score 13936, I was at 2 marks to beat you!!!

And my clocks are maxed out... I get many artifacts during the run, and I can't get it to be benchmark stable with 1 more FSB...

Edit: Oh and I even had to switch to my tweaked XP...

Edited by The Smith