3DMark Competition

The Smith

Hey guys, it seems the new 9.11 drivers increase the Vantage performance with the HD5870. TweakTown reports 1k more.

Looks like it would be worth it to re-run it :)

lol will have a little go, But there is NOWAY i am going to fry this card :)

Edit: Just updated and ran Vantage 17581 GPU. Thats 900/1300. Not looked at the old clocks but dont think its alot if any more ?

Edited by Danny_75

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys, I've been here for a while now and i know i hav'nt Entered any of your 3DMark or overclocking competitions (for fear of getting butt raped :lol:) but i finally desided to be brave and take the plunge this time round :P

It took an hour or 2 of fiddling arround in my BIOS (memory issues and such so please excuse that :blush: ) but i think ive managed to pull off something half Decent and i've got a feeling that i can push the 940 further. The 5870 is running stock and i dont have any plans on OC'ing it. So what you guys think? (be nice but honest at the same time.. somehow LOL)

( And Yes thats lady From DMC :wub: )

Edited by SenitaL

Okay guys, I've been here for a while now and i know i hav'nt Entered any of your 3DMark or overclocking competitions (for fear of getting butt raped :lol:) but i finally desided to be brave and take the plunge this time round :P

It took an hour or 2 of fiddling arround in my BIOS (memory issues and such so please excuse that :blush: ) but i think ive managed to pull off something half Decent and i've got a feeling that i can push the 940 further. The 5870 is running stock and i dont have any plans on OC'ing it. So what you guys think? (be nice but honest at the same time.. somehow LOL)

( And Yes thats lady From DMC :wub: )

Iam not an AMD man but looks good to me. The GPU will do 900/1300 all day mate and its just a simple click and go OC.Will give you that few extra FPS. We all need a few more FPS :)

Run Vantage BM if you get chance.

Iam not an AMD man but looks good to me. The GPU will do 900/1300 all day mate and its just a simple click and go OC.Will give you that few extra FPS. We all need a few more FPS :)

Run Vantage BM if you get chance.

I know i know, but ive lost too many cards in my time by overclocking just a bit too far for those extra fps ;) besides, the 5870 is an endangered species, if anythin Were to go wrong then id have to go through hell and back AGAIN (Rma'd 4870x2 to get this) to get another one, so ill stick with stock untill there is something that really needs those extra fps :)

Ive had Vantage since Vista but I cant run it on stock because my screen is Being a piece of poop. It doesnt Seem to support the 1280x1024 res thats required (and i cant change the settings in CCC either, id have to buy a new screen to make it work <_< ) i can only run it at 1280x720, but i do have an ageia PPU card which has the hacked drivers so it works in vantage.

Edited by SenitaL

Great score SenitaL!

If you want my advice, you could bump the CPU-NB frequency a bit. It will greatly increase your memory sub-system performance. :)

I have a few scores coming too. Yesterday I benched outside from 1pm to 8h45pm non-stop(except for changing mobo), hence why I was not present on the forums. You'll see in not so long if I got your

butt raped

:lol:

Edit: See below

Edited by The Smith

Here are some of my scores from yesterday:

20692 3DMark06 - dual-core & GTX260 <-Highest green

22984 3DMark06 - quad-core & GTX260 <-2nd highest yellow (beaten by i7 and HD5870)

11431 3DMarkVantage - dual-core & GTX260

Damn you Smith! :lol:

Im back, and ive Explored the deepest corners of my (newish) BIOS, ive tested Nearly all the main settings and observed the cause and effect. The aim Here being to go as high as possible without touching the GPU, And here is what ive acomplished so far!

(i say so far because im Dropping from fatigue and need sleep badly, and i will be having another crack at this tomorrow morning when im all fresh) :)

managed to get above 21K, Now im getting Somewhere! It turns out that my memory needed a bump in Voltage to 2.0, which is why i couldnt get the damn thing to boot up at 3.9, now im going to give it a rest for tonight BUT tomorrow i will be aiming for 4Ghz. Getting this far has been a nightmare and quite an experience in itself :P any pointers as what to try next to reach 4ghz+?

(Edit: suck it up and update the scoreboard Smith! :lol: )

Good job, but you're still almost 3k under my PII X4 & GTX260!! :P At least you beat my dual-core!

If you want to go over 4GHz, just do some overclocking outside, if your climate is cold enough. Also you can go much higher on the CPU-NB. 2000MHz is the AM3 PII's stock frequency!

At least you beat my dual-core!

I feel Deflated Somewhat now :lol: Could you post up a screenshot of CPUZ? because the 3DMark links dont show much info exept that i DID get butt Raped :closedeyes: Perhaps in addition i should Bump My GPU up to 900-1300.. you hav'nt seen the Last of me yet! :ph34r:

Edit: OC'ing outside is a Really BAD idea over here in this country - the crimerates are probably the worst in the world, and if anyone even saw me outside working on a setup they would be paranoid to the point of calling the SAS or something because im alegedly setting up a Bomb <_< . Besides its Just as cold inside as it is outside these days :lol:

Edited by SenitaL

Edit: OC'ing outside is a Really BAD idea over here in this country - the crimerates are probably the worst in the world, and if anyone even saw me outside working on a setup they would be paranoid to the point of calling the SAS or something because im alegedly setting up a Bomb <_< . Besides its Just as cold inside as it is outside these days :lol:

Thats if your lucky mate :)

I feel Deflated Somewhat now :lol: Could you post up a screenshot of CPUZ? because the 3DMark links dont show much info exept that i DID get butt Raped :closedeyes: Perhaps in addition i should Bump My GPU up to 900-1300.. you hav'nt seen the Last of me yet! :ph34r:

If you look at the number of threads, it says 2. :)

post-31336-1259755963_thumb.png

post-31336-1259756071_thumb.png <- I did not take one of my best run though.

And... I feel so lucky for being born in Canada. :( Sorry for that, mate.

Edited by The Smith