3DMark Competition

The Smith

Your CPU on AIR ? or just your card ?

Everything's on air cooling.

I've got another run in me but not today. I'm tired and will wait for a cold day when I'm bored. Congrats on breaking 20000!

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate. But that is the best i can do even cheated a little :( using fresh water and cooling the full rig. You will beat that.

Going to spend some time trying to sort my CPU will have to read up about VTT and PCH so i can sort the Vs.

even cheated a little :( using fresh water and cooling the full rig.

That's not cheating. It's simply optimizing your current cooling system to maximize your overclock on that particular cooling method. :)

That's not cheating. It's simply optimizing your current cooling system to maximize your overclock on that particular cooling method. :)

I totally agree that's not cheating at all. It's a damn fine OC and score.

Be careful overclocking that CPU too high http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/p55-mo...clock,2460.html

I had to use 3 GTX260s to beat you :lol:

post-31336-1257798296_thumb.png post-31336-1257798353_thumb.png post-31336-1257798373_thumb.png

Edit: Tonight is the night. It will be colder outside so that's when I'll run OCCT and SuperPI for the AM3 competition thread.

Edit 2: Screw that it's not cold enough... but here's how I was installed this afternoon:

post-31336-1257818804_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Smith

I totally agree that's not cheating at all. It's a damn fine OC and score.

Be careful overclocking that CPU too high http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/p55-mo...clock,2460.html

Ye, Need to have a look at what the VTT and PCH should be,ATM i set the RAM1.64v and the core to 1.4 and upwards ect and leave the rest on normal or auto. Need to find a good min/max and good place to start.

O think i have done some damage to the GPU will not go over 920/1300 without a grey screen... Will take it out and have a little smell tomorrow.

I had to use 3 GTX260s to beat you :lol:

Edit: Tonight is the night. It will be colder outside so that's when I'll run OCCT and SuperPI for the AM3 competition thread.

Edit 2: Screw that it's not cold enough... but here's how I was installed this afternoon:

post-31336-1257818804_thumb.jpg

LOL, But looks cool :)

What sort of CPU cooler is that ? and were do i get one from !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No realy the more i look at that the more i want it.

If i had a long monitor cable poss 4 joined up,wireless KB/Mouse. could have it rinning the shed (outhouse) :) That would save me getting phase.

Edited by Danny_75

LOL, But looks cool :)

What sort of CPU cooler is that ? and were do i get one from !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No realy the more i look at that the more i want it.

If i had a long monitor cable poss 4 joined up,wireless KB/Mouse. could have it rinning the shed (outhouse) :) That would save me getting phase.

Yeah, nothing like overclocking with the cold outside air, while being comfortably sit inside!

This cooler is the Cooler Master V8. :)

Yeah, nothing like overclocking with the cold outside air, while being comfortably sit inside!

This cooler is the Cooler Master V8. :)

MMMMM think thats going to be my next build . NVM the case! get a role cab.

All joking aside. Do you think you can run phase 8/ 12hours a day? normal PC use.Have a few quid (money) knocking about and thinking i might buy myselt an xmass present. Its that or a 2nd GPU. ( O have had to take that old card back was faulty ) :)

MMMMM think thats going to be my next build . NVM the case! get a role cab.

All joking aside. Do you think you can run phase 8/ 12hours a day? normal PC use.Have a few quid (money) knocking about and thinking i might buy myselt an xmass present. Its that or a 2nd GPU. ( O have had to take that old card back was faulty ) :)

I believe some people do it. Have a look at what you have to do here. :)