3DMark Competition

The Smith

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aiming for higher soon :)

I'm sure you'll get a kick out of this. I overclocked my i7 to 4.5Ghz and my 5870 to 900/1300 and gave 3DMark 2001SE one more try. I still fall short of your E7300/8800GT.

Scored 66814

post-31286-1253941539_thumb.jpg

Still not enough muscle to pull off a victory. My head is bowed in shame(until I get a 2nd 5870-at which time I will dance a victory celebration).

Ah crap that's damn near. Ok I'll be fair with you and give you a tip that will allow you to beat me.

:ph34r:runxp :unsure:

I've got a WD Black 1TB just sitting around not getting used so I could install XP if I bought a copy. I think I'll just stick with Vista until Windows 7 comes out and add a 2nd 5870. That should score decently. I suspected it had to do with running XP but just haven't wanted to play with it. Thank you for the tip. I'm really most interested in 06 and Vantage scores at the moment.

Waiting on roadrunner to get his hands on 3 more 5870s to see what 4 of these in quadfire can do.

I've got a WD Black 1TB just sitting around not getting used so I could install XP if I bought a copy. I think I'll just stick with Vista until Windows 7 comes out and add a 2nd 5870. That should score decently. I suspected it had to do with running XP but just haven't wanted to play with it. Thank you for the tip. I'm really most interested in 06 and Vantage scores at the moment.

Waiting on roadrunner to get his hands on 3 more 5870s to see what 4 of these in quadfire can do.

Why not borrowing a CD from someone else? Just don't activate it. You would have 30 days to bench.

XP? you think so? Hmm lets test ill dual boot and see if mine improve.

I'll give you another couple of pointers as well as XP.

1: The order that you run the tests in 01 ;)

2: LOD and the level of LOD that you run for each individual test ;)

I'll give you another couple of pointers as well as XP.

1: The order that you run the tests in 01 ;)

2: LOD and the level of LOD that you run for each individual test ;)

What you need to do:

1. Run 3DMark on your computer, at default settings.

Wouldn't this violate rule #1 of this thread?